ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hug-a-bub V Caboo Closer Carrier

I can't decide which one to buy for no2, due in March. I have an Ergo for when older, but want a wrap for nb stage.

Once on, they book look the same. The Caboo appears to be easier, as the straps are partly done, so not wrapping from scratch.

Anyone use both and can advise? Or even just one or the other? I'm worried the full wrap will be too hard!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Hug-a-bub V Caboo Closer Carrier

I was the same as you - have a manduca but wanted a wrap style for nb stage. I got a second hand hug a bub from eBay and love it. I still use it now and DD is 3 months old.

It's easier to take out than the manduca and it folds up really small so I can take it shopping and if baby is unsettled in the trolley I can sling her. I had to watch the video a few times but its really quite easy.

I can't comment on the other one but if you are sharing the sling with your partner its easier to have the hug a bub style as there is nothing to adjust each time a different wearer puts it on.

Me + DH
    DS 2
    DD
    :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Love the caboo for bot having miles of material to tie up, just slips on like a tshirt! Much more convenient for some like me who just cant quite get the hugabub tied tight enough

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen^Angel View Post
    Love the caboo for bot having miles of material to tie up, just slips on like a tshirt! Much more convenient for some like me who just cant quite get the hugabub tied tight enough
    Thanks! Is it comfy and still the stretchy type material like the HAB?

Thanks
    Reviews

Caboo for sure! I had a HAB and could never get it right. Once I got the close carrier( caboos prev name) we were in heaven! DS spent sooooo much time in ours. And next time we'll have it from birth so I'll be wearing #2 in the hospital probably! And IMHO the caboo is softer than the HAB. It's also fantastic for DH. Because you just slip it on and adjust as needed we could both use it and he loved it too. It's so fast too. Can't recommend it enough :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by emzluvbub View Post
    Caboo for sure! I had a HAB and could never get it right. Once I got the close carrier( caboos prev name) we were in heaven! DS spent sooooo much time in ours. And next time we'll have it from birth so I'll be wearing #2 in the hospital probably! And IMHO the caboo is softer than the HAB. It's also fantastic for DH. Because you just slip it on and adjust as needed we could both use it and he loved it too. It's so fast too. Can't recommend it enough :-)
    That's what I wanted to hear, thanks! Heaps of people have use the HAB, but the Caboo is not as big here yet. It just 'looks' easier though, while still being a wrap.

Thanks
    Reviews

Isn't the 2nd piece for the Caboo actually the bag it goes in anyway? That it then wraps around for extra support when in use? Or have I got that wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Isn't the 2nd piece for the Caboo actually the bag it goes in anyway? That it then wraps around for extra support when in use? Or have I got that wrong?
    Exactly right. it comes in handy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Hug-a-bub V Caboo Closer Carrier

I've been debating the same question to myself lately as well so thanks for posting this!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Close carrier all the way for me. Easy to out on when you have a toddler in tow and even DH can use it without too much fuss

Quote Originally Posted by emzluvbub View Post