+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    This is what gets me too. She doesn't have to watch or interfere just to be on hand if needed- where is the risk in that?
    I suppose its that if the mum doesn't want anyone else there then this is taking away her right to the birth she wants?

Like if I were to say 'well just have to obstetrician there, just in case', a woman who just wanted it to be attended by a midwife might have an issue with that.

I don't know. I think women should be able to birth how they want and I guess that includes them being able to decide who gets to be there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    I don't know. I think women should be able to birth how they want and I guess that includes them being able to decide who gets to be there.
    I agree 100%! Honestly, what mother (excepting for one suffering from mental problems) would knowingly put her baby at risk? I'm sure a mother deciding to freebirth or whatever kind of birth looked at her options and decided this was the safest thing for her and her baby....the exact same way I decided having an elective csection was the safest thing for me and my bubs.Either way, it's not something someone would purposefully do on a whim!!I support every woman's right to decide what is right for them and for their baby.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (17-10-2012),Lillynix  (17-10-2012)