+ Reply to Thread
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Night shift with little kids

So how do you manage your first night shift of the block? I start at 10pm. I don't know whether to sleep when the bub sleeps at lunchtime (before first shift) or try to get in a kip between 7pm -9pm when DH is home (Can't imagine being tired then) Or just slam down the coffee all evening before I go to work. Bub won't settle for DH during the night so that should be interesting when she wakes up and I'm not there....any tips or advice?

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Night shift with little kids

Hi
    Im still on leave but do nights. I start at 7 though so i plan on putting ds in childcare ib the afternoon at about 3pm so i can get some sleep the get dh to get him after work at 5. So a couple of hours is better than nothing!

if u don't want to do that then i would be napping as soon as your child does otherwise that shift is going to be so hard.. Im actually dreading the next day more!
    What time do u finish? Im thinking day care for the early morning of that day for Me too .. Finish 7am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Night shift with little kids

Just get some sleep whenever you can and as much as possible. Night shift is so hard-it just screws with your body!
    I use to work 6pm-7am m-f, every 2nd weekend from 2pm to 10pm and started again at 4am mon morning. It absolutely killed. I would get home at 7:30ish, get the kids up, make lunches, etc.. Drop ds1 at school and ds2 went to daycare 3 days a week so i could sleep. I had ds1 in afterschool care so i could get a little extra. So would sleep from about 10am-4pm those days. Then pick the kids up, drop them off with ex dp and do it all again.
    On the days when ds2 was at home i only really got to sleep during his nap time and as he got older he wouldn't nap so i would pretty much just soldier on with no sleep. It was hard and i never want to have to do it ever again!
    I hope it's not too horrible for you and you find time for sleep!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

threechooks  (20-10-2012)