+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else experienced this?

I lost my bub at almost 13 weeks due to a major deformity to the skull and had to have a D&C - this was about 10 weeks ago now. I also lost a lot of blood and needed a second D&C 2 weeks after the first.

At my follow up my OB said it would take a while for AF to return and we would wait up to 3 months, but if nothing by then we would look into it further. Well it came over the weekend but it is nothing like I was expecting!?! I usually have 3 days of heavy flow, followed by 5-7 days of lighter flow, but this has been nothing like that. It started on Saturday and was initially a little heavy and then increased some more - Sunday was lighter but still constant and then Monday it slowed right down. By Tuesday everything stopped and now there is still nothing. I usually wouldn't complain about a shorter AF, but I have just never had anything shorter than 8-10 days in my life.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am so ready to start TTC again but this is just playing on my mind. Just looking for reassurance that this could be totally normal. Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    **Edit- sorry, double post.
    Last edited by swizzly555; 10-10-2012 at 11:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply

I guess there are no hard rules on this stuff and nothing can really be considered "normal", I am just worried that with all the procedures I have had to have done over the years my poor body is going to give up on me, lol. I know it's silly, but I guess when you want something so badly you can't help but think everything will go against you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    i think because with both the d&c's all your lining would have been cleared out so when af did arrive, it was less?

Good luck with TTC this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My AFs have also been light since my D&C in August. First was only 2 days of moderate bleeding, then suddenly stopped. Then the latest was five days (slightly shorter than usual) but way lighter, and bright red blood rather than old looking, clotty blood. I think it's normal for AF to be different for a few cycles, while your uterine lining re-establishes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

swizzly555  (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses Sorry to hear of your loss Gentoo

I think I was just expecting too much from my body - it went through a lot so it will take a while to get back to normal.