+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope. I mostly listen to ABC local radio or Triple J. I sometimes listen to commercial stations if there's nothing I want to listen to on the others.

I personally would rather encourage critical discussion (whether of news, discussion topics, swearing...whatever) than censor what my daughter hears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I wouldn't I don't think. I listen to what I listen to and if the kids happen to be there then they listen to that too. If something comes on that I don't think is appropriate then I will change the channel.

We are not in the car for long enough very often. On long trips (eg interstate) we would take CDs etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nah I find stuff like that too sickly sweet for me.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I like triple J, but my kids do like Sonshine FM. We had a stint of long trips in the car on the way to school everymorning, and would listen to it for about an hour everymorning (I changed from Triple J for the traffic reports for the journey), have to say, I thought Sonshine Fm seemed as though it would fill that sort of audience at that time (few references to religion, and no inappropriate music). However, I know their christian programs can be quite heavy, but my kids don't usually listen to the radio at the time of those programs

I would support the woman trying to get puggle fm off the ground, but wouldn't listen to it myself.

I find lyrics of the "teenybopper" music far more offensive to me and the values I want my children to learn than occasional swearing that occurs on triple J (or on some of my CD's - jeepers, P!nk's new album is a classic).

As while it's easy to say to my kids, I don't swear and just because you hear it doesn't mean it's okay to say, it's a lot harder to explain to them why Johnny Ruffo singing "I'm on top of the world when I'm top of you girl" or Jessie J singing "dirty dancing in the moonlight, take me down like I'm a domino" is actually not what I want them to be singing.