+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ahhh thanks girls, looks like I'm off to the doctor.

Hoping it is just a hemaroid and I don't need further testing, I suffered IBS when I was younger and have been probed everywhere before and really not looking forward to doing it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly, if it was just blood and a bit of pain in that area, I wouldn't go to a doctor about it, but coupled with the stomach cramping it becomes concerning.

I had this go on for quite some time when I was in my early 20's, and it turned out I had ulcerative colitis. Luckily I had this treated and it's only effected me very minimally since, but if I had of ignored it any longer than I did it could have got pretty nasty.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A 17 yo friend recently asked me time take her for similar issues. Turns out she has ibs. She also has low iron, vit B and a few other things Aaron a result.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I was going to say most definitely go to the doctor too.
    I'm not sure how likely it can be but my DD passed a teeny bit of blood a few months ago. I whisked her off to the doctors who sent me straight to the hospital where they did an US on her tummy. Turns out she had 2 interceceptions (when the intestines telescope back on themselves). I had to stay overnight with her as there was the possibility of emergency surgery but fortunately they fixed themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Internal hemarhoids can hurt badly. Been there and surely did that. Its terrible to have to show your rear end to the GP, but they're used to it. I guess I compare it to having a pap done. Embarrassing yes, but we all got to do it.
    Most women who have had kids will develop a hemarhoid or 2 or 3 etc during their life afterwords.
    Goodluck, there are some good creams out there that can releave the pain quite quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Embarrassing Issue

Just bumping this thread up now that things have gotten a lot worse.

I never went to the doctor, so embarrassed and hoping it would somehow go away on its on, very stupid of me!

Since this original post I have been suffering leakage when passing wind and been in serious pain the past 2 weeks.

I finally sucked it up and saw my GP today after my mum gave me a huge lecture at me for leaving it this long 😥

I am now booked in for a colonoscopy next Thursday and need to provide a stool sample in the mean time (yuk!).

So far she is thinking either internal hemroids or possible Chrons disease as it runs in my family.

I'm petrified, I don't need anything else wrong with me, I'm already on 6 different medications a day!

Any information on Chrons would be great otherwise just more of a vent.

I feel too gross to discuss this with friends and have become a hermit this past month thanks to the unpredictable leakage, just feeling so alone in this 😥

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hugs hun. The colonoscopy will give you answers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a thought in addition to what has already been discussed...how is you pelvic floor? Inability to control wind/bowel motions can sometime be a result of a very weak pelvic floor (bowel incontinence). I had a prolapse after giving birth and had to work long and hard with physio to get my pelvic floor stregthened. Although i never had bowel probs, some of the girls in my post-natal physio class had that embarrassing problem - apparently it is quite common, but many women are too embarrassed to seek help.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    Just a thought in addition to what has already been discussed...how is you pelvic floor? Inability to control wind/bowel motions can sometime be a result of a very weak pelvic floor (bowel incontinence). I had a prolapse after giving birth and had to work long and hard with physio to get my pelvic floor stregthened. Although i never had bowel probs, some of the girls in my post-natal physio class had that embarrassing problem - apparently it is quite common, but many women are too embarrassed to seek help.
    I have never had an issue with my pelvic floor, to the point my doctor has commented if they didn't know better they would never know I was a mum, plus my daughter is now 9 1/2 years old so a prolapse now would be very uncommon.

Thanks though girls. Definitely scary and wish the stomach pain would go away so I could sleep.