ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Removing the bottle and ensuring they finish it is slightly decreasing the chances of decay but is still not good. Finishing a drink containing sugars minutes before falling asleep is not good for teeth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    http://www.mouthhealthy.org/az-topic...oth-decay.aspx

'Infants should finish their bedtime and naptime bottles before going to bed.'

It doesn't say not to give babies bedtime bottles, just that they should finish them before going to bed/sleep

Anyway, if you're concerend, I would give bub their bottle before going to bed, then put some water in the same bottle to take to bed with them, then go in and take it from them when they're done. I know of people who's baby's have had this tooth decay, but they were babies who slept all night with their bottles in their mouth, or drank juices from bottles, not babies who had their night bottle in their bed before going to sleep.

Read the info on a few dental websites and make your own choice as to whats best, but my little miss won't be stopping her night bottle for a few more months yet

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (08-10-2012),Purple Lily  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks caz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    http://www.mouthhealthy.org/az-topic...oth-decay.aspx

'Infants should finish their bedtime and naptime bottles before going to bed.'

It doesn't say not to give babies bedtime bottles, just that they should finish them before going to bed/sleep

Anyway, if you're concerend, I would give bub their bottle before going to bed, then put some water in the same bottle to take to bed with them, then go in and take it from them when they're done. I know of people who's baby's have had this tooth decay, but they were babies who slept all night with their bottles in their mouth, or drank juices from bottles, not babies who had their night bottle in their bed before going to sleep.

Read the info on a few dental websites and make your own choice as to whats best, but my little miss won't be stopping her night bottle for a few more months yet
    That same source says to encourage children to be drinking from a cup by their 1st birthday. Also infants refers to little babies, not toddlers.

Anyway just trying to be helpful. I didn't realise that bottles weren't recommended after 12 months until I was at the dentist one day and they had this cutesy little poem stuck on the wall about it. I wish I could remember it. And then further reading reinforced that recommendation too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bottles aren't ideal after 12 months.

Next step is a Sippy cup, straw cups are even better again and eventually an open cup.

My daughter was off bottles by 11 months, she refused the sippy cup the first few times but once she realised it was milk in there she was fine, i was lucky she didnt protest too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always brushed DDs teeth after her last bottle of the day, before she went to bed.