+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol. I never ever ever swear anywhere else other than the birthing suite in transition.

Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Can I ask did any of you ladies swear during childbirth?? I'll be the first to own up to having a filthy mouth and I can't see me going through labour without swearing lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course you need to scream during childbirth! It was a totally out of body experience (in a good way) but I had absolutely no control over it. I was lucky to be in a (public hospital) birth centre with a lovely midwife who wrote in my birthing notes that I was vocal (understatement!) I asked my husband after if it was humanly possible to scream any louder, he said no!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can I ask did any of you ladies swear during childbirth?? I'll be the first to own up to having a filthy mouth and I can't see me going through labour without swearing lol
    Funny you should ask....I swear far too much normally but when I was in labour there was not a single swear word said......freaked me out a little, I kind of expected myself to and then when I didnt I was like whoah what the?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha rose that's funny!
    Purple lily I wonder if I'll be the same?! I don't even know how I'm going to cut back on my foul language when there are little ears around lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha rose that's funny!
    Purple lily I wonder if I'll be the same?! I don't even know how I'm going to cut back on my foul language when there are little ears around lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    what an absolutely awesome post!

Good on you babe! I screamed and was made to feel bad and I wish I had not ..

xoxox

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I normally sware a lot but not in labour, wouldn't bother me though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha rose that's funny!
    Lol Its always a possibility haha, and yep Im finding it hard to cut back now that DS is around"

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    The labour rooms at the Mater in Brisbane are sound proof I think I managed to shake some of the foundations though when I pushed DD out.

I had DS in the old Mater and DF and I were in a labour room and was waiting to get an S&S/gel. There was no one else in the room and they had left the door open. We could hear a woman screaming and we both looked at each other in panic. However, just a few moments later we heard the sound of a newborn baby crying and our eyes just welled up with tears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    My midwives exact words were 'Not that all of this noise isn't very entertaining'

It honestly changed the entire way I viewed myself and how I view my labour in retrospect. I should be so proud of myself and I feel ashamed and embarrassed. I hate that awful b!tch
    I agree , it stops your focus and interferes with the labour. I have to say my second birth I was supported by wonderful midwives except it was said to me about yelling and using low tones. I should not of really included this birth. But the first and just gone were very bossy in the way they mentioned it and I like you were put off.
    Don't feel ashamed and embarrassed be proud , you birthed your baby, you did it and it's a bloody hard thing to do emotionally and physically.