+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Grommets and Adenoidectomy

Can anyone give me some guide as to how long after grommets where put in their child and the adenoid removed did they start to show improvement. My 12mth old had grommets inserted and adenoids removed after constent ear infections etc. We are at day 4 after surgery and I can't see any improvement or am I expecting too much on day 4????? he is extremely grumpy at the moment still tugging at the ears all the time Poor thing I just want him to be happy.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two of my daughters had grommets(one had tonsils and adenoids removed also) but I noticed improvement straight away as in the day of surgery. Have you spoken to your ENT about your son? He may actually have an ear infection ATm? Do you have any ciproxan(sp?) drops?? Our ENT recommended using tthem for a day or 2 after grommets if their ears were inflamed during surgery..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Baby G4, I have spoken to the ENT and he said it usually takes about 7 days to settle down depending on the child...Yep been putting the drops in religiously and it was suggested by the ENT's nurse to warm them in your hands, also my son had extreme amount of gunk in his ears so he said it would take time to drain out. I never want to have to go through the procedure again, so I'm hoping they work!!