ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default taking toys to the park - vent

Why do people take toys to the park? Not for babies but for toddlers/kids, leave them unattended and then get ****y when another kid picks the toy up?

Everytime we go to the park this happens - DS picks up an abandoned toy, I take it off him, he screams, I find the toys owner, they give me death stares.

Seriously leave your balls/ride ons/sand pit toys at home, or supervise its use.

And keep your shoes with you. FFS just watch your belongings, next time I will just let DS play with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD normally takes one of her dolls and it's stroller to the playground, but I have explained to her a million times if she leaves it somewhere.... another kid will play with it and she can't get angry.

Some kids like to take toys which I understand... but I agree that parents can't get angry if another kid tries to play with it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh this sh!tes me too. When they leave skooters/trikes in the middle of the park and DS thinks "whoo hooo" .... grrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This $hits me too!!! Once a kid brought about 5 small toy cars, more than he could play with at once, but wouldn't share them with any kids. DS was the only one at the playground and followed the kid around asking to play with him. The kid was getting $hitty with DS for following him around and as much as I said to leave the kid alone he wouldn't. The mum then had a go at ME for telling DS to leave the boy alone as he wasn't sharing. FFS!!! Argh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely agree. Was just at the park and there was a ball laying on the grass and DS2 who is 11 months old crawls over to it happily and picks it up and then this boy who is about 8 or something comes over and rips it out of his hands moaning 'It's MY ball!'. It had been sitting there on the grass for a good 5 minutes. I felt like picking the ball up and pelting it into his face!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Oh this sh!tes me too. When they leave skooters/trikes in the middle of the park and DS thinks "whoo hooo" .... grrr
    So if an older kid rides his scooter to the park then he's nit allowed to get off it to use the equipment at the park unless he's ok with your son using it? Doesn't seem fair, maybe the scooter is the only way for him to get there?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (26-09-2012),jacobsmamma  (26-09-2012),Mod-Myztik  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just share when we take stuff to the park. My DS knows that he has to share when we take his bike / sand toys etc. Most of the time if we don't take ours other kids and parents are happy to share too.
    I don't think it's fair to say don't bring your stuff to the park. Maybe u should take your own play things/ scooter/ bike etc for your kids??

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacobsmamma For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (26-09-2012),~ElectricPink~  (27-09-2012)

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've never had anyone give me death stares, and we always take toys to the park, everyone at my local park does and everyone know it's pretty much a free-for-all. Scooters, balls, toys, food- all fair game if it's sitting alone. I think people need to chill the hell out. If you don't want people to touch your stuff, don't leave it lying around. On the other hand, don't get annoyed at everyone who brings toys to the park, maybe they're perfectly friendly and know how to share. I find it's a great way to meet other parents, when your kids are squabbling.over a toy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (26-09-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    We just share when we take stuff to the park. My DS knows that he has to share when we take his bike / sand toys etc. Most of the time if we don't take ours other kids and parents are happy to share too.
    I don't think it's fair to say don't bring your stuff to the park. Maybe u should take your own play things/ scooter/ bike etc for your kids??
    Agreed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If my child picks up someone else's toy I would just encourage them to ask the owner if they can play with it (or if they are too little, I would ask for them..) And if someone picked up something of ours I would encourage my kids to share....which they would anyway. It actually boggles my mind that people worry about this!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-09-2012),Mod-Myztik  (26-09-2012),~ElectricPink~  (27-09-2012)