ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default No weight gain this week?

I weighed my 5 month old DS last week at the ECH clinic and he weighed about 7.55kg. They only have a spring scale, so the reading wasn't very accurate whilst DS wriggled in the seat. It was somewhere between. 7.5 and 7.6kg.

Today the scale read 7.6kg. Surely the scale must be wrong? He hasn't been sick and has been eating normally (he's BF only - 6 feeds a day - no solids yet). Shouldn't he still be putting on between 100-200g per week?

I'm a little worried.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't believe your still going each week has bub started crawling or moving around more? Sometimes when they reach that stage their weight gain slows down. Are you feeding on cue?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

PeJu's Mum  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our mothers group meets at the cafe next door, and DH loves a weight update.

DS can roll over from his tummy onto his back, and about 2 weeks ago started rolling from his back onto his right side. He doesn't spend a lot of time rolling over though.

He also likes to do "doughnuts" on his tummy - I leave him on the floor facing one direction and when I come back he's moved 180 degrees! So I think he might not be too far off crawling. He certainly gets frustrated if there is a toy in front of him that he wants.

I'm feeding him 6 times a day - BF only, haven't started solids just yet. I'm roughly following the Save Our Sleep routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With weight that small, just being fed/ poos/ wees can make 200g difference. I wouldn't be worried at all

6. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

PeJu's Mum  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 19 month and hes only 10kg! Lol. His weight gain slowed down since he became more active. He was about 7kg at 5 months! As long as your bubba is happy and is eating and looks healthy i wouldnt worry at all also if shes breastfeed she wouldnt gain a lot of weight either. Also if you are small or your hubby is small or was a tiny baby then its likely your kids would be too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tubster For This Useful Post:

PeJu's Mum  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    With weight that small, just being fed/ poos/ wees can make 200g difference. I wouldn't be worried at all
    This exactly!!!

Op, easier said than done but try not to stress. I would only be concerned if its an ongoing pattern, bubs is not urinating and pooing enough or there are any other symptoms which "mummy instinct" causes you to wonder.

also op don't allow others to "bully you" into giving up bf as bubs has lost weight if it's not something you want. I don't want this turning into a bf/ff debate just making op aware that she does what is right for her and bubs.
    Last edited by Carpe diem 2013; 25-09-2012 at 21:40.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpe diem 2013 For This Useful Post:

PeJu's Mum  (26-09-2012)