With DS1 I made 99% of his food and the other 1% was bought for when we were out and there was no here to store/heat food. Anyway now with DS2 I find it so time consuming to make all the food I did with DS1. I like to make and freeze vegies, fruits, soups, casseroles, etc. A few times I have resorted to baby food as an easy option this time around.
How common is it for 2nd time + mums to do this, lol
Some of the baby foods, like Organic bubs have some really nice natural products!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 15
24-09-2012 21:09 #1
Making own or bought baby food for #2+ baby
24-09-2012 21:13 #2
I did BLW second time round, so didn't have that problem
The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:
24-09-2012 21:23 #3
I planned to make baby food for bub #2, as it just didn't work with bub #1 (he had swallowing issues). But my dd could swallow virtually anything from early on so she has had very few purees and mostly eaten a variation on what we eat and if it's not suitable then I give her a store bought puree of whatever, but that's pretty rare these days. I wouldn't say we did BLW as such as I do feed her and I do mash up the food sometimes, but it's usually fresh stuff and it's pretty no fuss stuff too.
24-09-2012 21:59 #4
Yeah I find veggies and fruit easy as I steam veggies most nights. It's more 'meals' that contain meat, chicken, couscous, ground pasta etc I find more time consuming making from scratch. Once he's over 9/10m I think it will be easier to use slightly modified family meals!
24-09-2012 22:16 #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Next time i plan on blw, steamed veggies etc at first then around 9 months whatever i am eating (within reason and depending on teeth)
24-09-2012 22:30 #6
I just did BLW for my second so he had mostly the same as I was making my two year old
24-09-2012 22:54 #7
Is BLW more common 2nd time round due to less fear of choking? I'm still a tad nervous as DS is getting over a cough and very flemmy (gagging easily because of that)What are some easy to handle ideas?
24-09-2012 23:17 #8
We're doing BLW as well. DS is 7 months on Friday and he eats the same as us just a night later. He has dinner at 5pm and we don't eat till 6pm. So I save a portion for him from what we have for dinner and h has it for his dinner the next night.
25-09-2012 07:04 #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
- Sydney NSW
Hi Singa, yes, I purchased all food for DS2! He loved it and it meant I could cope lol. It wasn't long before he was eating with the rest of us- well before 12 months, so really, it was only for a few months.
25-09-2012 07:21 #10
I think it pretty normal to do that. I am on bub number six and I do a mixture as I know I am not a supermum.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:
By 2BlueBirds in forum Weaning & Starting solidsReplies: 16Last Post: 28-09-2012, 17:39
By bellieellie in forum Weaning & Starting solidsReplies: 4Last Post: 19-06-2012, 15:16
By Dragonia in forum Product Recommendations & QuestionsReplies: 88Last Post: 12-05-2012, 20:32
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue BankCryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian ...
LATESTHow to get your kids to bring home empty lunch boxesIs the secret to saving for your child’s education in your home loan?Games to play with your baby – newborn to 12 months
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Family advice - WWYD?Issues with Family Members
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
What age can teenagers consent to flu needles?Immunisation & Vaccines
Is the name Evie really that popular? (Particularly in NSW)Choosing Baby Names
Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or ExpectingConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
New but not new!?Introductions
Tea drinkers unite!General Chat
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation