+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Husband I'm on to you .... Vent!

I'm 39 weeks. My husband is a wonderful man with a brilliant mind and a great dad...... But far out....... He is so annoying right now. He is doing things like fart non stop and feeling sorry for himself about it . Makes me want to gag he does it every 5 minutes. He knows I'm worried about labour and uncomfortable, this is my third ...... He know what a marathon I have to go through yet this brilliant minded man who has a good job ect ..... Needs reminding about stuff all the time ....... I have put kids to bed and tidy up he did stories, then I ask if he can wipe up under kids table the cheese and he is using dry toilet paper ...... He didn't even clean the floor properly and we get ants. He puts boiled egg in the margarine tub and meat that's raw above veg in fridge .... He leaves draws and cupboards open ...... He leaves **** on the side of the toilet!!! He takes every box of wipes and nappy bags out of the cupboard during a nappy change and leaves it....... He dresses our kids in the wrong clothes so little one has pants too long and older one has trousers around his ankles... They kids wear odd socks ......... He won't think about anything himself like what he may want for dinner what the kids may want for dinner ..... I have to think all the time for the whole family. I just want to recharge for the last few days before labour!!!!
    i love my husband and this is a friendly dig..... But it must be so he can get out of things ..... You don't have specialized work and a brilliant conversational brain and not have a clue at home........ Arggghhhh

Anyone else do most things yourself / think for the family because husband is very cleverly pretending to be clueless?

I don't mean as a father ( he is outstanding there , it's the other things at home like flossing teeth in sink and leaving the bits ) .

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my brothers used to do a terrible job washing up, so he got out of it for a while, until we started making him do it and re-wash everything he had left food on. He miraculously became better

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a heap of people with amazing brains, great jobs but no commonsense.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (24-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (23-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol. you sound like me. I am 38 weeks pregnant at the moment and my DH is doing my head in! Hs a lovely guy, smart, funny, great dad and great husband. But hes really annoying me right now.
    Hes doing things like farting really LOUD and burping really LOUD, I know he can control the burp, he just wants to gather heaps of air then make it really loud. And OMG I give him a hard time everytime. But he still does it! URGGGHHH
    He would S**T and then doesnt scrub the toilet and today there were some on the toilet seat (no idea how it got there!) I was so ****ed off! He couldnt even clean up after himself.
    Everytime he shaves, the bench is just covered with water and water all over the mirror URRGGGHHH....
    Dirty clothes everywhere, dirty bowls would sit in his workroom for days.
    He would change DS then throw the nappy on the floor where the bin is right next to it.
    Everytime he puts singlet on DS its ALWAYS inside out. I have seen him many times put different socks on DS.

Hes not stupid, I mean when I talk to him about he understands and he would do a fantastic job in cleaning, I think hes just lazy. So that annoys me!

The worst part about all this is that we both work from home, so I am pretty much whinging everyday.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tubster For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    you mean like using electric razor and leaving whiskers al over the sink? YES

Last night we'd been out, he had a few beers.... when i woke for a wee in hte middle of hte night... i turned the loght on, and he'd obviously been for one in the dark before me... and hadn't seen/chose to ignore the 3 year olds toilet step and seat... covered in grown man wee ...YUCK!! Not impressed!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Square777 For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha ! I just don't get it . It's foul. DH does the razored hair in sink , he cannot seem to think it needs to be washed down the sink , but when he brushes teeth thevtap goes on so loud that it disturbs my son in the room next door..... I say turn it down a bit you'll wake up the kids but he has to have it full on whilst brushing teeth, then he flosses and leave the food bits in sink! ??? Sometimes if I'm on the toilet he will talk to me whilst flossing and it goes all over me .... I say to him that I hate it over and over!! Ha ha ! What is it with them ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Pick your battles

Nothing wrong with a fart, burp, Inside out singlets or odd socks. Focus on poop an pee left around the toilet, whiskers/food bits in the sink etc. Address them as specific issues when you and hubby are both in a good mood. And keep at it. Ensure cleaning wipes are close to the needed location and put up sticky note reminders if necessary.Good luck ladies!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (24-09-2012),ChickyBee  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine does the same. Shaves in the shower and doesn't rinse the hair down the drain, "mops" the floor with a mostly dry mop, wipes the benches down with a dripping cloth. Drives me crazy!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Niki24 For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we must be married to the same person *sigh*

16. The Following User Says Thank You to loumia For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (24-09-2012)

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG mine is so the same!! I am sick and pregnant and looking after 2 toddlers all day everyday and working parttime and I still do more than he does!! And when he does do stuff it's not complete, like the other night he called me a work to tell me he'd cleaned the whole house. I was stoked got home and he done the dishes (badly) wiped the benches with a dirty cloth and that's it!! That's not the whole house love! He also needs to be told everything last night I was in bed resting because of this damn cold and at 6pm my 3yo came and asked me what's for dinner? They normally eat at 5!! Then this morning I realise he didn't put a nappy on her overnight so she's wet the bed! When I asked him about it he said but you put her PJs on but he knows I never put her nappy on till I'm putting into bed GRRR

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mummabec For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (24-09-2012)