+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have a documented birth plan. I went private and had an OB that I trusted as well as a hospital I felt comfortable in. DH knew that I wanted to avoid an epi if possible and that I wanted to use water as pain relief. I lasted 5min in the bath before it got too painful lol! Then had an epi after being only 3cm after 12hrs of intense contractions 2min apart. I also has an episiotomy and forceps delivery.

I think that for me, not having a strict plan meant that I had nothing to measure myself against so I never felt like I failed or anything like that. I know it's different for others but I know my own mind and taking it as it comes means I make better decisions for myself based on actual circumstance rather than preconceived ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I personally had no real birth plan. BUT research and be prepared for all outcomes!! I thought I had done all my reading, was ok with c/s if need be. healthy bub in the most important thing.

I ended up under a general due to cord prolapse.
    Now I am not saying research every health condition that can happen, you will be reading till your bub is 15!! I am saying be truly prepared to go with the flow whatever that takes. I thought i was ready and was so not ready for not hearing her first cry, being last in line to see/hold her etc..... took along time to be ok with it.
    Personally I am against birth plans for 1st time mums as it sets mums up for pnd IMO, but I do believe in self educatiion and being prepared and knowing what you are ok with and what you are against.

Good luck!