+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dangerous cravings!

Hi guys, I am 4 weeks and three days with my second and feeling very much pregnant so quickly! I am absolutely appalled with my body - I usually eat extremely healthy but I am having cravings that are driving me insane! Anything unhealthy - if I drive past kfc or maccas my mouth starts watering hahaha! My main concern is my number 1 craving is strong coffee with lots of cream - yuck! My first I had no cravings, my body was turned off junk food completely, no coffee or tea or anything! I put on a lot of weight with his pregnancy as I was underweight to begin with and over ate to compensate. Now I am really concerned - I am craving junk food SO bad I have to have it, and if I put on 25kgs from fruit and veg in my first pregnancy then I am scared to know how much I'll put on from this one
    Any tips please! Lol thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey there. Just so you know I'm the same, I never had much of a sweet tooth before pregnancy, however now I am addicted to soft drink, chocolate, jam doughnuts, cheesecake, ice cream etc etc. to be honest I just gave in and eat whatever I feel like, but I also make sure that I have oats, yoghurt and fruit for Brekkie, a healthy lunch and dinner with salad meat and veggies. I also took my vitamins and drank lots of water. So although I probably have had way too much sugar, its not all I eat. At least we're not smoking and drinking like some women hey? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely not as bad as drinking and smoking although I do feel guilty as I am usually a complete health nut! Haha
    I make sure I eat plenty of veges Nd fruit still, but oh man I am craving sugar! I say this as I am drinking coffee.. I think I could handle junk food cravings but I definitely want to kick my coffee addiction to the curb as I don't want the caffiene to affect my baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    One other thing I'll mention, is when pregnant with DD3 I craved (and ate) lots of sweets and lollies. She has always been a sweet-tooth as a child and I believe it is related, but don't know whether it is:
    * because she was predisposed to liking sweets, I craved them whilst I was pregnant with her, or
    * because I ate lots of sweets whilst pregnant with her she developed a taste for sweets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was the same. Salty, fatty carbs, Disgusting! I never really ate that kind of stuff before being pregnant. 8 months after DS was born and I'm still working it off.
    I also had weird smell cravings like petrol and tea tree oil.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, in my first trimester, I lost my appetite. But the only thing I wanted to eat was junk! I also eat very healthily but all that changed. I only wanted to eat Maccas double cheese burger every day and potato chips.

In my second and third trimester (currently 36 weeks), I crave sugary foods. Never had a love for chocolate but nowadays everything chocolate makes my mouth water. All the desserts too. I have always loved coffee and am back to drinking it in my 2nd & 3rd trimesters, but not every day.

Unfortunately I got gestational diabetes from 28 weeks on and I have to control what I eat. It's really miserable. Gonna eat like a pig after I give birth to compensate, but then wondering if the same cravings will stay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2OneDS View Post
    Unfortunately I got gestational diabetes from 28 weeks on and I have to control what I eat. It's really miserable. Gonna eat like a pig after I give birth to compensate, but then wondering if the same cravings will stay.
    With DD3 when I craved and ate lots of sweets and chocolates during her pregnancy, I couldn't bare to eat any after she was born. I couldn't even finish the half bar of chocolate I had started during labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same, reeeeally want macca's coke and chips and i never, ever eat that stuff. Sounds bad but sugary and or greasy stuff seems to make the nausea a bit better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    With DD3 when I craved and ate lots of sweets and chocolates during her pregnancy, I couldn't bare to eat any after she was born. I couldn't even finish the half bar of chocolate I had started during labour.
    Oh great! I kept telling DH to prepare his wallet after I give birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it might be different for you since you are not indulging during your pregnancy.