Closed Thread
Page 30 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 853
  1. #291
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,344
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse84 View Post
    Oh J that is just amazing news! I had a really good feeling about this month for you, knowing that I had a similar result in the past with such slim odds. I am so glad it has come to fruition for you so far. I will be crossing all my fingers for a sticky bub for you this time.
    Thanks Mickey...I must admit, given we have a very similar Obstetric history, I have thought about you these past few days, repeating the mantra "Third time is a charm". But until I see a gestational sac with an embryonic pole and a heart-beat, I wont be convinced.
    Having said that, my FRER this morning was much darker than yesterday. However as far too many of us on Bub Hub are aware, this is no guarantee.
    In summary (Your Honour), I am pretty scared.
    Am sure I would lose my noodle if it weren't for this thread.
    J.

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    4,119
    Thanks
    1,744
    Thanked
    914
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Looks like BFP to me

  3. #293
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,964
    Thanks
    3,684
    Thanked
    1,673
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Thanks Mickey...I must admit, given we have a very similar Obstetric history, I have thought about you these past few days, repeating the mantra "Third time is a charm". But until I see a gestational sac with an embryonic pole and a heart-beat, I wont be convinced.
    Having said that, my FRER this morning was much darker than yesterday. However as far too many of us on Bub Hub are aware, this is no guarantee.
    In summary (Your Honour), I am pretty scared.
    Am sure I would lose my noodle if it weren't for this thread.
    J.
    That's totally understandable. Is DH home yet?

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    545
    Thanks
    346
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    J:
    I totally understand if I ever get my BFP I don't want to tell anyone for as long as I can just so we make sure eveything is developing along nicely and little bean is sticking around (except everyone in here of course, coz if I didn't I would go crazy).

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    978
    Thanks
    257
    Thanked
    342
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello, well what a beautiful day it is(in perth) big congrats J what an awesome looking bfp u have, ive got all my fingers and toes crossed for you that it stays sticky for you this time!!
    How is every1, I am in the 2ww again but am extremely hopeful this month, we gave it the best shot possible, but will try my hardest not to be dissapointed if bfn. Well am missing my app because I cant quote or go back to see anything once I start writing and still cant find my internet connection for my laptop( I know excuses, excuses)!! Anyway cant wait to see those 2 lines get darker J and every1 else bring on those bfps

  6. #296
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    3,998
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked
    677
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats again J, very exciting!

    Good luck with the 2ww this time pinkorblue!

    I have another question for you - Ive been on Pregnyl 1500 (last jab was Sat night) and Ive been hearing it takes around 5 days to leave your system. Is that correct? Ive got a wedding to go to on Sat so Im contemplating testing Thurs (probably still some pregnyl in my system) then again Fri to see if the test gets darker (my theory is, if darker Im utd, if lighter pregnyl is still leaving my system....???). Will that work and be ok? Cos its BILs wedding and DH is in the wedding party I know the drinking will start Fri so want to know if I can or not, and I know not drinking will raise alarm bells to family!!

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,344
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Congrats again J, very exciting!

    Good luck with the 2ww this time pinkorblue!

    I have another question for you - Ive been on Pregnyl 1500 (last jab was Sat night) and Ive been hearing it takes around 5 days to leave your system. Is that correct? Ive got a wedding to go to on Sat so Im contemplating testing Thurs (probably still some pregnyl in my system) then again Fri to see if the test gets darker (my theory is, if darker Im utd, if lighter pregnyl is still leaving my system....???). Will that work and be ok? Cos its BILs wedding and DH is in the wedding party I know the drinking will start Fri so want to know if I can or not, and I know not drinking will raise alarm bells to family!!
    Well...that is a hard question! Your fundamental approach is correct however; bhCG levels will rise if you are pregnant, fall if the Pregnyl is being detected. There are a few potential problems with this approach however...
    Firstly, it is hard to replicate your urine concentration. If you drink slightly more fluid one evening compared to the other, your FMU will be a fraction more dilute, and influence the overall concentration of bhCG, and "line colour".
    Secondly, I have always found, even with the FRERs, that when the test first becomes positive, there is very little difference in the darkness of the line over the first 2 or so days. This is because the bhCG levels detected are so low. For instance, my 11DPO and 12DPO pregnancy tests (FRERs) both look the same. It took until 13DPO before it became noticeably darker.
    Having said all this, if you are pregnant, just remember that organ formation does not begin until 5 weeks. Therefore, there is no brain for the alcohol to actually affect! Obviously it is your decision, but I cannot see the big problem with indulging in a cocktail on Saturday! That would be my approach.
    By all means, do your HPTs on Thursday and Friday, but just keep in mind the above caveats.
    And I sincerely hope your HPTs get darker, and filled with baby!
    Enjoy the wedding.
    J x.

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked
    464
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Today is CD14 which means tomorrow is BT and Wednesday is visit to GYN, U/S and possible injection. I must say that my anxiety is increasing due to DP flying out for work today and he wont be back until after GYN appointment. I am lucky that DB is here but fertility issues are not something that I would generally discuss with him lol I am hoping that the next few days go smoothly.

  9. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,344
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Today is CD14 which means tomorrow is BT and Wednesday is visit to GYN, U/S and possible injection. I must say that my anxiety is increasing due to DP flying out for work today and he wont be back until after GYN appointment. I am lucky that DB is here but fertility issues are not something that I would generally discuss with him lol I am hoping that the next few days go smoothly.
    Just a question...what are you abbreviating to "OI"? I have not heard that term before.
    J.

  10. #300
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked
    464
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Just a question...what are you abbreviating to "OI"? I have not heard that term before.
    J.
    Sorry, Ovulation Induction, mine is Serophene tablets. This month due to my levels previously I will also have an injection. I'm not real up with all the medical terminology and often get confused.


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC and not wanting to move #5
    By shelby27 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2073
    Last Post: 19-12-2012, 15:57
  2. TTC and not wanting to move #2
    By rainbow road in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 863
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 12:10
  3. TTC and not wanting to move!!!!!!!!!
    By pinkorblue in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1419
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 19:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
SportsMed SubiacoSportsMed Subiaco's experienced physiotherapists offer a variety of exercise options for pregnant women and new mothers ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›