+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Still in disbelief...

OK so I got 3 BFPs this morning on internet cheapies (yeah I didn't believe, the first one...or the second one...and still don't really believe the third one either). Anyway, super impatient as I am I have already made a doctors appointment for later today. I am assuming they will do a blood test to confirm hcg levels. Does anyone know how long you usually have to wait for results? Will I know today, or will it be a few days wait? I'm soooo impatient, I want to know 100% if I'm pregnant because I have been waiting for this for so long and it is such perfect timing, I just don't want to believe it and get my hopes up until I can be 100% positive...It still seems too good to be true!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It depends on where you go, most places have a 24hr turn around but I had mine done later in the day so had to wait until the following morning (36hrs).

Congratulations though if you've gotten 2 lines I'd say your UTD

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Still in disbelief...

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    OK so I got 3 BFPs this morning on internet cheapies (yeah I didn't believe, the first one...or the second one...and still don't really believe the third one either). Anyway, super impatient as I am I have already made a doctors appointment for later today. I am assuming they will do a blood test to confirm hcg levels. Does anyone know how long you usually have to wait for results? Will I know today, or will it be a few days wait? I'm soooo impatient, I want to know 100% if I'm pregnant because I have been waiting for this for so long and it is such perfect timing, I just don't want to believe it and get my hopes up until I can be 100% positive...It still seems too good to be true!
    That's excellent congrats on bfp
    If its symbion blood place u will get results in morning if u get done around lunch time u may hav them this arvo let us know what levels it is xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies,

Damn, I was hoping I'd get results back today, 24 hours is soooo long to wait! My appointment is around lunch time so I might have to wait a bit longer. I know everyone says a false pos is really rare but I feel all crampy like I do right before my period so its hard to believe those tests are right...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Perfectly normal to feel crampy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I just wanted to offer my support. It looks quite likely that you're preggers. My fingers are crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I ducked out to the shops and bought a FR test. Still 2 pink lines and its not even FMU. Feeling a bit more confident now. But it still feels like its happening to someone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a HCG test done first thing when IMVS opened and had the result waiting for Dr's appointment that afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Darcy if you can go and buy a clear blue digital test. It will be able to tell you how far along you are from conception. It helped me while waiting on my bloods to come back.

Congratulations and I wish you a very sticky bubby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking of getting the clearblue test but I have heard that they need higher amounts of hCG to work...

Apparently I will have to wait until tomorrow for the blood test results, and if they are positive I will have to get more blood tests to check for other things. Fun.

I will have to try to find things to do to pass the time until then. I guess its lucky I'm working tonight lol