+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think people feel obliged to bring a present of some sort. Even if you write 'no gifts necessary' Im sure some will still bring something small and that just makes it an added bonus.

When I had my baby shower for DS, I didnt expect presents, especially nothing big. A few onesies, some bibs, bonnets, booties and mittens...those kinds of small things which are cheap and cute.....Id be shocked if I went to a party where big ticket items were being gifted and even more shocked if I was invited to one that had a gift register!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont like the idea of having more than one shower. I think it's a little greedy for presents and greedy for attention (sorry if that sounds bad). Having one baby shower to celebrate your baby and first time motherhood is reasonable to me..sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that it's ok considering you didn't have one with your first. But I hate the whole 'present grabbing' idea of baby showers. Gender reveal party, that's a new one! Do you have a baby shower too or just the reveal party?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its great, especially if you didn't have one with your first. I'm going to have a baby shower with my second (didn't have one the first time around), I don't care about presents but I really want to play all the silly games with my friends, I think it will be fun!

Good for you and have a great time!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby shower for 2nd baby

I had a baby shower for my first and my friends are throwing me one for my second. There is an 8yr age gap & this bubba is IVF, so all my girlfriends want to celebrate. I'm certainly not expecting or wanting presents, but I understand they want to buy gifts for the baby (as do I when my friends are pregnant, baby shopping is fun!).

I think if you haven't had a baby shower or the age gap is greater than 5 yrs, it's fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for everyone's thoughts. I don't look at it as a way to get presents and I would never put a gift list or registry on the invite. I agree with those who say every baby should be celebrated as I have noticed soo often that the 2nd baby doesn't get the same attention.
    There will be a near 3 year age gap between our first and this bub. I have all the things I need. For me it is more about celebrating a new life with friends and family and catching up with people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine didn't have hers as she said it would be weird and people don't have baby showers for second babies... But I was keen!! I would have loved to have gone to her shower!! I think it's a celebration of a new life coming so why would we only celebrate the first!!?? I do think tho that people might be put off as they are expected to bring gifts so I would maybe address that point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend (who is 1 of the 2 friends that planne my first shower) asked about having one for my second too..
    I was a little iffy, purely as I don't like a lot of attention & didn't want to appear as a present grabber.
    I'd be happy to stipulate on my invite no presents necessary, but the get together would still b nice for you and something to put in the baby book I'd also still call it a baby shower, even for my second, even if specifying gifts not needed.

I know a lot of my friends would like to bring at least something small anyway, especially if I'm putting on all the food, cakes, drinks etc !

I have been to only 2 baby showers, one for a new mum and one for a third time Mum(I gave gifts to both)