+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High estrogen levels :( - anyone had and made it to pick up?

Hi ladies

i had my scan this morning and all seemed good - 12 or so 14mm eggs and some smaller ones about 9mm.

I however get a phone call from my standing in FS (current one is away til Monday) who tells me my estrogen is 9500. He said its higher than he expected and needs to be below 18000 for egg pick up.( My egg pick up is next Wed - a whole 5 days away)

He told me to lower my gonal f dose after the scan this morn from 150 to 125 and now he wants me to lower my dose to 112.5.

I stil consider this dose high and rung my clinic for their opinion but there were only nurses around and no one was helpful really.

I have bloods/scan on Monday and my original FS will be back. I am ****ed off - i came to my FS cause he was the best and his prices are more expensive. I think this second FS who is standing in for him may be giving me bad advice...well basically i have never heard of the guy! I'm worried.

My pick up is meant to be next Wed if its not cancelled. Has anyone had high levels and still made it to pick up?

I know they freeze as an option too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has happened to me
    they lowered my dose of stimms and coasted me along until I had more eggs of collection size
    I did get to collection and transfer
    i know how you feel it's upsetting to think you get this far and then it's cancelled listen to the docs as you can get very sick if these levels go too high
    im wishing you all the best and it's not over yet
    hang in there
    Last edited by miffy25; 16-09-2012 at 16:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi miffy - thanks for the response.

My stims have been lowered and BT in the morn so hoping its helped. Else i might have to coast a lil too...not too keen to do that thou as i heard coasting too long can lower egg quality.

Well positive to hear you made it to transfer - do you recall how high your estrogen was?

Thanks
    Reviews
    See how your scan goes on Monday, you may find that EPU is bought forward, I always stim 10-12 days and on my last cycle, out of nowhere, it only took 8 days.

They may want to trigger you with lurprn instead of HCG, this will keep your levels down, but you may be out for a fresh transfer depending on your levels, I think it will be fine, but your scan tomorrow will tell more.

12 at 14mm, to me means you should be close to trigger tomorrow, they grow .2 a day and they want them to be 18.

Coasting is fine for egg quality as long as you don't have to do it too long, increasing doses at the end can be bad for quality.
    Last edited by scarlet; 16-09-2012 at 16:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember the exact number but I know it was borderline two days before triggehope that helps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to miffy25 For This Useful Post:

chances (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Scarlet.

Thanks for the advice - i also read somewhere that with high estrogen its important to change the trigger from hcg so not to increase the estrogen levels.

My partner corrected me today - he was sitting in the scan too on Friday and said my eggs range was from the smallest 9mm, a few around 11 - 13 and some 14mm. My stand in FS made the comment that my FS only epu on a wednesday not tues ...seemed weird but i hope hes a big more flexible cause your comment about the growth of 2mm a day is what i have read elsewhere too so i did the math and seemed to think Tuesday would be more ideal! haha i'm no expert but i have been reading a lot. I guess when you invest time, money and hopes its hard not to do your own research.

Guess i need to just wait and see in the morn!

Quote Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
    See how your scan goes on Monday, you may find that EPU is bought forward, I always stim 10-12 days and on my last cycle, out of nowhere, it only took 8 days.

They may want to trigger you with lurprn instead of HCG, this will keep your levels down, but you may be out for a fresh transfer depending on your levels, I think it will be fine, but your scan tomorrow will tell more.

12 at 14mm, to me means you should be close to trigger tomorrow, they grow .2 a day and they want them to be 18.

Coasting is fine for egg quality as long as you don't have to do it too long, increasing doses at the end can be bad for quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you today chances

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey miffy thanks but it has to be cancelled my estrogen has come bk at a huge 25,000! Not sure why it is so high cause the scan has only revealed 13 eggs and a few little ones. My proper fs was still getting off a plane this morn when I did the scan, he has rung and I'm on my way in shortly to get another scan!

The nurse said they weigh up all factors but with an estrogen reading that high surely it can't go ahead... Will find out for sure shortly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances I'm surprised your oestrogen level got so high on 150... Maybe it has to do with your age? As my amh is normal for my age and I did the same down reg cycle and was on 450 of gonal f. I still don't understand why they can't do egg pickup if oestrogen levels are high.