+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Going into labour at 36 weeks?

Hi, I will be 36 weeks tomorrow. These two days I have short sharp pains down in my vagina. Baby is moving fine. Then today I had these tummy pains that are not the normal digestive stomachache. I feel breathless when they come. I saw my OB last Friday he said baby's head is down but never said about engaging. My first one, I went into labour exactly 40 weeks. Can it be possible that I am going into labour so soon? Or has anyone of you have had this for weeks before the real thing? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    it isn't the braxton hicks contractions are they? i went into labour at 36 weeks, i had absolutely no symptoms at all... i'd had my 36 week antinatal appt that morning and my ob had said head was down, definately not engaged but then i went into labour! maybe give your dr a ring see what they think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I experienced similar pains from 35 weeks and went on to have DS at 40+6. The sharp pain - as my midwife explained to me - is bubs head pressing on nerves etc. I had pre-labour symptoms from then as well - backache, strong BH and some vomiting, the runs etc on and off. I too wondered whether I was going to go into labour early, but it wasn't to be. He just wanted to keep me guessing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. The tummyaches and very achy right leg went away after a night's sleep. I was all ok yesterday...then they came in the evening again but this time round achy left leg. DH had to massage my leg, I was really feeling uncomfortable.

Had a warm bath thinking I had better call my midwife and possibly go to the hospital...but well, slept and then I am ok today again. Hilarious....

Never had this with DS1...contractions started the day he was born and he was born 40 weeks. I am only 36 weeks. So rather confused. I know second baby can come earlier, but this early?

I guess I just have to wait and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same as Minchi. I had my DD2 at 36 weeks, I really had no signs either.
    I went for a check up that morning because I was worried the baby had stopped moving. Everything was fine, and that night I went into labour.
    She was fine though, and had no issues.