+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Double first name or just first and middle name? Whats your opinion?

My partner likes the idea of having 2 names together as bubs first name and no middle name. I am not overly keen on it as everyone just shortens names anyway, but the two names that we like really do sound lovely together.
    I was thinking just having a first and middle name but calling her by both. Does anyone do this?

Do you call your child by their first and middle name?

Does your child have a double first name? Does everyone shorten it?

Sorry if these questions seem silly but it has me wondering if anyone actually uses their middle name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

On paper my DD1 has a hyphenated first name but no middle name. I always shorten it except when she is in trouble.
    I also get school to shorten it but all my children get a shortened form of their name for everyday use and a 'big' name for paperwork and when they grow up.

Thanks
    Reviews

That's kind of what I am concerned about, if we were to do a hyphenated first name people will shorten it anyway. Is it weird though to call your child by their first and middle name?

Thanks
    Reviews

All my kids have the standard first name and middle name. Dd2 is Ainsley Belle. Everyone knows her as her full name. She even calls herself her full name. My other 3 just use their first name. People will call your child whatever you do

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My son only gets his first and middle name together when he is in trouble with my stern voice, or in my playful voice when Im being silly. General day to day I only call his by his first name....everyone else (at school) calls him by his nickname which is his first name and middle name initials.

Depends on the name. DS went to school with a kid called DelaCruz. I think that sounds good as two names together.