+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question new here and need help with doppler if baby heartbeat n placenta sound (my video inc)

Hi I am new here I have had a total of 7 losses one being my daughter she was still born at 32 weeks. I and my current DH have been TTC 2 year's with 5 losses together.

I can't remember what a baby heartbeat sounds like but I would be 8 weeks I can hear loud wind sounds than at 32 seconds into video a clicky galloping sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQws...e_gdata_player

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, I'm no expert on this but the sound I was hearing around the 50 second mark sounded like what I heard when i used a dopler. I hope this pregnancy gives you a lovely baby, that must be incredibly hard having all of those losses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default new here and need help with doppler if baby heartbeat n placenta sound (my video inc)

I'm sorry I couldn't hear bubby yet but it's still very early, keep trying every week.. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses, best of luck for a healthy bub xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default new here and need help with doppler if baby heartbeat n placenta sound (my video inc)

Sorry to hear of your losses

My understanding is usually you can't pick up a heartbeat on a doppler until at least 16weeks? It will sound exactly like a heartbeat, just a lot faster

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm also no expert but the few seconds of gallopy sound around 32-36 seconds sounds like what I used to hear when I used my Doppler.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a fetal heart doppler for peace of mind, at 8 weeks it's hard to get the right spot but it sounds like the baby's heart beat at the beginning and then after 30 sec for about 6/8 seconds. It's a fast gallop but I used to get confused with the circulation which sounds like a swoosh... It'll get easier to pinpoint as baby grows :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We had a Doppler last pregnancy for peace of mind, we bought ours at 14 weeks and right up to 22 weeks it was hard to find him so please don't stress. We did come across a midwifery website when researching Doppler sounds and the wind is placenta and clicky galloping is the cord which will beat in time with the heartbeat,

Thanks
    Reviews

Firstly I am so sorry for ur losses
    I have a Doppler and have used it both pregnancies. Some dopplers are more sensitive than others but i picked up DS1 at 10weeks and this time I got bub at 8 weeks.

Bubs heart beat is a fast version of urs. Place the Doppler in ur groin and find ur heart beat so u know what it sounds like. Then I found for both of my pregnancies to pick up bub early place the Doppler just above ur pubic bone slightly to the left of ur midline and point it slightly down as ur uterus is in ur pelvic cavity at this point and why it can be hard to pick up. U can put some pressure on it too this helps and bub is well cushioned so the slight pressure won't hurt it. Bubs heart rate is around 110-160 normally and urs will be about 70 so u should be able to tell the difference especially if u have a listen to urs from that atery in your groin. Ur placenta makes a distinct swoosh noise or hollow pulse kind of sound.

Don't stress if u don't find it though as i said some dopplers are more sensitive than others and when bub is tiny it's hard to pin point.

Good luck