+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Finding fellowship...

Having a hard time finding fellowship...
    I know the bible instructs us to find other Christians and fellowship together, I was saved a year ago and since have been reading the bible and slowly changing my life and attitude to best please HIM.
    I now feel I could really benefit from the support of others but can't bring myself to just walk in a group and say HEY here I am!
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    Having a hard time finding fellowship...
    I know the bible instructs us to find other Christians and fellowship together, I was saved a year ago and since have been reading the bible and slowly changing my life and attitude to best please HIM.
    I now feel I could really benefit from the support of others but can't bring myself to just walk in a group and say HEY here I am!
    Any suggestions?
    Peace in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

All I wanted to say God help and bless you, the path is narrow.

Hilja

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe have a pray about it and ask God to direct you to the right church?

Go to a few churches and see what fits?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Pegasus (27-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!! I can totally relate!! God came into my life a year ago too and at first i stayed home, reading the scriptures, seeking God in everyway i could think of (apart from going to church lol) i literally was, i would watch all the Christian TV shows, read the scriptures etc but i felt the Lord saying its time, i was a bit stubborn and still avoided going until the shows i watched started saying things like "if you think you can journey with the Lord on your own without going to a church, then you know more than Jesus the Son of God" lol and other times Id read the scriptures and open the page to, "gather yourselves together to the place that i have apointed you" lol and i was like, Ok heavenly father my rebelious heart is finally ready to listen lol.. God is awesome like that ay, so patient even when were hard hearted... But yea, i recommend going to a church that you know or have been too, just start going now and again to get used to it.. I remember when i started going id be fighting not to cry i was so overwhelmed with the comfort of the spirit, but part of me was scared i wouldnt be accepted so i was just holding on to God learning to just trust him.. Ive been going to church fully for about 4 months now and i dont feel fully "at home" there yet but i know its where God wants me to be and thats all that matters ay, being obedient
    Good luck, let me know how you go!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi OP. Where abouts are you? I live in Brisbane & if you ever wanna meet for coffee or something, I'd love to fellowship (haha I always think of The Lord of the rings when I say that word) with you I also have a great, family orientated church if someday you'de like to come with me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Where are you in Brisbane? I could maybe help you find some great people?? I live on the Gold Coast but work in Brisbane and have a lot if friends who attend church on the south side. It's really hard finding a church and very daunting. I understand cos I've been there myself.
    Let me know if I can help at all.

Pegasus is offline and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've also found listening to the Christian radio in our area (98.5fm in Perth) there are a lot of helpful words and suggestions.

Good luck on your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Finding fellowship...

I would start looking into which particular church had beliefs similar to your own and start with that. The reason I don't go to church is because I havnt found one whose beliefs match with mine (ie I believe things that contradict one from the other).

Good luck finding what you're looking for

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hi

hi again, wow what awesome comments from all the people above me, i just wanted to say youll get there, just pray and tell the Lord that all you wanna do is follow him, and he will lead your path...
    Hope youve found people to fellowship with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyHusbandsCrown View Post
    Hi OP. Where abouts are you? I live in Brisbane & if you ever wanna meet for coffee or something, I'd love to fellowship (haha I always think of The Lord of the rings when I say that word) with you I also have a great, family orientated church if someday you'de like to come with me!
    That is so kind of you