+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default When did YOU first eat solids?

Mum just said I was breasted until 9 months and she started me on fruit at about 8 months and liver!!!!! (1970,s) She was told to give me mushed cooked liver for the iron!! No wonder I have not eaten red meat for 25 years!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Another 70's bub here but my mum started putting farex in my bottles at 6 weeks. Apparently the milk alone wasn't doing it for me & I have no allergies to any food, apart from offal but that's just a whole kettle of wrong😳 .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Mum just said I was breasted until 9 months and she started me on fruit at about 8 months and liver!!!!! (1970,s) She was told to give me mushed cooked liver for the iron!! No wonder I have not eaten red meat for 25 years!!!
    A lady at work was telling me how she was looking after her neice when she was a baby of about 4-5 months old, and the baby wouldn't stop crying and go to sleep. So her mum (ie. baby's grandmother) assumed the baby was hungry, puréed up a heap of liver and gave it to her - her first food, and a massive quantity of it at that. Then the baby slept. Um, if I was that child's mother I would be FURIOUS my MIL had done that to my child.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not sure about me, but my MIL has the baby books for DH and his brother, and BIL started solids at 8 weeks! This was in the UK in the early 70's though...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    A lady at work was telling me how she was looking after her neice when she was a baby of about 4-5 months old, and the baby wouldn't stop crying and go to sleep. So her mum (ie. baby's grandmother) assumed the baby was hungry, puréed up a heap of liver and gave it to her - her first food, and a massive quantity of it at that. Then the baby slept. Um, if I was that child's mother I would be FURIOUS my MIL had done that to my child.
    ROFL! That's it - the next time one of my kids won't sleep, they're getting a gobful of mushy liver!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaShanty For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: When did YOU first eat solids?

I was born in the 80s. My mum said she thinks the recommendation was between 4-6 months and I started at 6 months but hardly ate any solids till 15 months. I was breastfed for two years. I have no allergies but I don't tolerate much cows milk. Maybe because I never drank any till over 2?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Born in 1984 and started solids at 3 months and breastfed for over a year. No food allergies or intolerances here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

born in the 80s and started solids, a spoonful of farex at 3 months. Same with my brothers. No allergies for any of us

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Dp, another child of the 80s and also breastfed but started on solids at 4 months. He also went straight to cows milk in a cup at nine months. He has no food allergies. He has allergies to dust, grass, carpet and wool. He has chronic asthma, dermatitis and variois ear/nose/throat stuff going on.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I was born in the UK in 1986, mum started me on solids at 4 months. I have no allergies.