+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 or 4 kids??

Hi,

My husband and I have just had baby number 3 and are trying to decide if he should get the snip! or if we will have 4!

If we did have 4 we would have 4 under 5 (currently have a 2 and 3 yr old 11mths apart and bub 3 is 1month all boys!)

One main reason is because number 1 and 2 are so close in age and are little buddies, will my third be left out? Also we will be moving overseas in a few years and could be there for quite some time and depending on where we are they may not have many other options for buddies!

What I would love to know is:
    -are you one of 3 and wished there was 4?
    -do you have four kids and do you think it works better than3?
    -how is the jump from 3 to 4?
    -do you find spreading individual attention between 4 alot harder?
    -if you have 4 do your kids share rooms?

I really would love 10, but 4 would be our absolute limit!
    thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 3 or 4 kids??

Congrats on another lil boy

I have 4 girls aged 5,3,2 & 6 months.. I didn't find it any different adding a 4th to the mix. Once you've done 3 adding more seems to be no different. The one thing I can say is if you do have a 4th bub don't do it the first year of School. That is the only thing I find difficult going into the classroom to pick DD1 up with 2xtoddlers and a baby. It's more frustrating trying to get through all the running kids and keeping your own in tow..

DD2&3 are really close like your two eldest, they are 10.5months apart and best of friends. They share a room without any problems. Once DD4 is up and running they'll all have a ball together!!

I forgot to add as for attention I send DD2 to daycare one day then DD3 goes the next so I can have one on one time with each of them and on the weekend I always take DD1 grocery shopping and out to lunch to spend time with her also..
    Last edited by BabyG4; 12-09-2012 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I forgot to add as for attention I send DD2 to daycare one day then DD3 goes the next so I can have one on one time with each of them and on the weekend I always take DD1 grocery shopping and out to lunch to spend time with her also..
    Off topic completely, but I love that idea. I have no kids, but want 4 and have always been concerned about the spending time/attention aspect. Never thought of that idea (the daycare) and will store in the memory bank for future!!!

Also congratulations on your new bub OP!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

BabyG4 (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am the opposite, and DH is the same, we felt a huge difference going 3 to 4. Even going from 1 to 3 didn't feel as hard for some reason. Not sure if it's because the middle kids are twins so the same age that it felt harder? I have no idea why. Of course, I wouldn't change it for the world.