+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Have you kept your weight off or did you gain it all back??

I forgot to add my story, at 16 I realised I was huge compared to my peers and so on my gp's advice I calorie counted and walked everyday, uphill, down hill and everywhere I could, I was 108kgs at 16 and was never taught to eat normal healthy or nutritional foods By 18 I was 72 kgs in between then I hovered between 62kgs and 85kgs hitting 100kgs again the day I gave birth to Dd 15months ago, today I'm 78.5 kgs and trying to reach my goal of 60-65 and stay within that range! It's hard I crave treats, treat myself and stuggle to keep on the right track afterwards I'm tempted to try hypnotherapy!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybumblebee For This Useful Post:

2made3  (13-09-2012),Gothel  (12-09-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (23-09-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2made3 View Post
    Thanks for your reply ladies. It's really interesting to know!

Mahjong My next phase is to do exactly that, see a dietitian!!!

Gothel I am fascinated by the Kausman book - it seems to read my mind! But I just don't know if I have the capacity to "eat normally" IYKWIM??? Time will tell, but I am only half way through the book. Just so scared of stacking on even more weight trying!
    You should have a look at Michelle May's 'eat what you love' too, she has some really good visuals and it's really well laid out, working thru how/why/how much we eat etc. I found it really helpful I've ordered Kausman's book from the library, so I'll get stuck into that over the next week, I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

2made3  (13-09-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (23-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have you kept your weight off or did you gain it all back??

I have lost 25 kilos this year.
    I didn't diet, or go hard at gym I just changed my lifestyle. So far it's worked well, I increased my calories and it has been 2 months of maintaining it easily.
    It's the first and only time I have attempted to lose all my baby weight.
    I'm interested to see how I go and if I can stay of my lifestyle change for another year before I plan on TTC again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

2made3  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I lost 20 kg and have kept it off for a year so far. I'd like to lose 5 kg more, but my body doesn't agree.
    I count carbs (still eat carbs but limit how many at each meal) and exercise at least 3 times a week. I know that I need to do this for the rest of my life. It's simple to follow, but really hard to actually do at times. I agree with pp, sugar is evil, good fats are the way to go. I snack on almonds a lot and wouldn't touch most "diet" yoghurts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

2made3  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I was 87kgs when jasper was 12 months old. Down to 65 when he was 2, stayed around 65-70kg for a few months and got pregnant.

I'm back at 81kgs 6 months post baby. So frustrating just wanting to get back down there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

2made3  (13-09-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I think everyone has a 'natural' weight that they can get to if they eat relatively healthy and do a bit of exercise. For me it's around 65-70kg. Anything less than that I wouldn't be able to maintain, more than that and i am unhealthy. So yeah, I've managed to maintain around that weight after coming down from 75-80. I exercise fairly moderately 3-5 times a week and eat relatively clean but allow myself treats a few times a week and don't calorie count or restrict any carbs or anything. Whenever I'm actively trying to lose weight (eg post partum) I'm constantly asking myself 'is this sustainable?' If I'm not honestly prepared to do something forever then it's not worth doing as I'll just put it back on.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

2made3  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Have you kept your weight off or did you gain it all back??

I lost 50, gained back 30. Lost a 10kg by having DD and put 15 back on.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

2made3  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    You should have a look at Michelle May's 'eat what you love' too, she has some really good visuals and it's really well laid out, working thru how/why/how much we eat etc. I found it really helpful I've ordered Kausman's book from the library, so I'll get stuck into that over the next week, I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**
    Thanks for that. I will get onto it. I have also ordered Kausman's "Calm Eating" which is in the post, & the sequel to his first book. Once I am done with his books, I will give this one a try!

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I think everyone has a 'natural' weight that they can get to if they eat relatively healthy and do a bit of exercise. For me it's around 65-70kg. Anything less than that I wouldn't be able to maintain, more than that and i am unhealthy. So yeah, I've managed to maintain around that weight after coming down from 75-80. I exercise fairly moderately 3-5 times a week and eat relatively clean but allow myself treats a few times a week and don't calorie count or restrict any carbs or anything. Whenever I'm actively trying to lose weight (eg post partum) I'm constantly asking myself 'is this sustainable?' If I'm not honestly prepared to do something forever then it's not worth doing as I'll just put it back on.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I couldn't agree more! This is the mode of thought I am trying to achieve & maintain.

Thank you for your stories ladies

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 2made3 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (14-09-2012)