+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Have you kept your weight off or did you gain it all back??

I am reading Dr. Kausman's "If not dieting, then what?" and I started to wonder how many people actually manage to lose weight AND keep it off long term??

I know I am not one of them. As many times as I have dieted and got to my goal weight, I have put it all back on every single time. I am desperately searching for answers, like I'm sure many other women are.

So, just curious to hear your journey & if you "succeeded"??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have you kept your weight off or did you gain it all back??

Subbing as I would be interested to hear also

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Have you kept your weight off or did you gain it all back??

Nope I am a terrible yoyo dieter Fat, skinny, Fat, Fatter, Skinny, mainly just fat...
    it's a constant struggle and I'm sure its almost addiction because as much as I'm desperate to stay fit and healthy I always give in and the fight to climb back out of my bad food choices is so hard.
    Nothing works but I keep trying
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybumblebee For This Useful Post:

2made3  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think stats say about 5% of people who lose weight keep it off for over 5 years... they odds are you're in the absolute majority of people who regain and yo-yo.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

2made3  (12-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have managed to keep my weight off after loosing it after having kids. I lost 25 kgs first time around with the help of a dietitian, referrred by a GP and funded by medicare under a care plan.

Second time around after the birth of DS2, this dietitian had shown me a lifestyle change that I managed to get the weight off within 6 weeks of having bub. He's 4 now and Im still the weight I was pre babies.

My advice, if you REALLY want to keep the weight off, dont grab fad diets, see a dietitian so they can show you an INDIVIDUAL plan and help you make the change and keep it off

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

2made3  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    I have managed to keep my weight off after loosing it after having kids. I lost 25 kgs first time around with the help of a dietitian, referrred by a GP and funded by medicare under a care plan.

Second time around after the birth of DS2, this dietitian had shown me a lifestyle change that I managed to get the weight off within 6 weeks of having bub. He's 4 now and Im still the weight I was pre babies.

My advice, if you REALLY want to keep the weight off, dont grab fad diets, see a dietitian so they can show you an INDIVIDUAL plan and help you make the change and keep it off
    That's good advice in my humble opinion.

I have tried SO many things over the last 10 years to lose weight, and nothing worked. Sure, I would lose a few kgs but they would go back on in a flash.

Now, I have had to change my diet for health reasons and I have lost 11 kgs without actually trying to lose weight.. ie, if I'm hungry I always eat, but what I eat is different to before.

Unfortunatley (or fortunately?) if I eat certain foods I feel too too sick, so it keeps me honest. The longer I am eating like this though, the easier it is getting.

I think one big mistake people make is eating low fat. Fat (healthy fat, not deep fried chicken wings etc) not only helps you stay full, but is so necessary for good health.

Also, low fat diets tend to be high in sugar. And sugar does a number on hormones and weight. Not to mention causes strong cravings etc.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

Good luck with your search to find something that works for you.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

2made3  (12-09-2012),Gothel  (12-09-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (23-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Still early days for me, I had wls in may 2010 over the next 18 mths i lost 88 kgs, than i fall pregnant and gained the normal amount. Since having my ds diet has been junk junk and more junk I not gained but not lost either. If I tried to lose I know i could easily but it is not a priority atm.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

2made3  (12-09-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Have you kept your weight off or did you gain it all back??

Subbing with interest. I have gained and lost about 15-20 kg, 3 times in my life, except this time I can't lose it. I'm trying to learn to eat like a thin possession ATM, rather than following a "diet", but it's early days.
    Are you liking that Kausman book happy2be3?

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

2made3  (12-09-2012)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i dont know if im a yoyo dieter. 1996 i lost 12 kgs, from 67 kg to 55kg, now i weigh about 80kg, so i have regained what i lost plus more. but the time frame of over 16 years, I dont think that equals a yo-yo dieter. Just a word of advice, as you age it becomes much harder to loose weight, so try to stay in a healthy weight range for as long as you can. Marie.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

2made3  (12-09-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (23-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply ladies. It's really interesting to know!

Mahjong My next phase is to do exactly that, see a dietitian!!!

Gothel I am fascinated by the Kausman book - it seems to read my mind! But I just don't know if I have the capacity to "eat normally" IYKWIM??? Time will tell, but I am only half way through the book. Just so scared of stacking on even more weight trying!
    Last edited by 2made3; 12-09-2012 at 16:47.