+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Housewife

I've always been fairly ambitious and went back to work with DD1 and DD2. I've now got DS and am seriously considering being a SAHM for an extended period and possibly completely changing careers to a more family friendly industry after my "extended leave." I say if it will make you and your family happy then go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Housewife

I was career driven and left my job because i wanted a change in career path and didn't know I was pregnant when I resigned! I never went back to work.
    For a long time I felt useless, not needed, incompetent and not important. I felt isolated, brain dead and lonely. I have worked mu while life and have always had steady income, all of a sudden I was relying on someone else, DH, I was so not used to it. I felt dependent and financially insecure.
    After DS was born I still felt like that for a while until I decided to do my own business from home. Now DS is 19 months old, I am 35 weeks pregnant with DD and DH and I both work from home.
    Now thinking back, I am still not sure if leaving working totally was the best decision. I still think a couple of days away from the madness is needed to keep me sane. Not about the money, just to get out of the house and feel useful ( work from home with DH can be stressful)
    I will never go back to work full time though, I don't want to miss my kids growing up

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tubster For This Useful Post:

aish  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Housewife

Three weeks ago I spent a whole day applying for full time jobs, I got offered a few but turned them down because it hit me that someone else would be raising my DD and I would probably have a breakdown from missing her too much.

I think tomorrow I'll have a talk to my manager about only working 2 days p/w. It's kind of been my life dream to be a capable housewife and mother anyway (although, I wouldn't fully be a Housewife if I worked outside home)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Housewife

Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    If you can afford to stay at home, do it. Your bubbies are only small once and you can't wish the time back.
    This :-)