+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep, i'd stay too. in fact, i'd ask for someone else to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks for all replies.

If I ring up and request another agent, it will cause more issues. YES I absolutely hate that I have to tiptoe around this b*tch, but it seems that this is the only way to make my life with this family less sh*t than it can be otherwise.

If I ring up, all HELL will break lose (this woman cracked a tanty the other day because my DP wouldn't go out somewhere with her husband... because he had agreed to have DD so I could go out with friends. It was agreed ages in advance, but his mother and sister kept saying, "It's your effing kid... just tell Stacey she needs to stay home so you can go..." PFFFT!). She is just a horrible person, and her nagging and b*tching puts everyone is in a bad mood. I don't care much about that... except this is FILs house, and he doesn't ever tell her to stfu so he will just get angry with her whinging, and who knows what that will mean. He may decide that means to just boot us from the house (when really, he should just take his property elsewhere, because it's not like either of us will miss out that way - SIL won't lose a job for it, and we'll still have our house) to give his ears a rest.

I have decided to spend no time around SIL or MIL again. Ever. Unless of course they apologise (MIL MAYBE might do this, SIL never will). But I'm not risking being booted from our home. This SIL dominates and controls this family, so if she gets in someone's ear, who knows what that will mean for us.

Personally, I want to just move, but DP won't... and we've got a good deal here, apart from SIL now butting in.

Really, I wish something heavy would fall from the sky and land on her... life would be so much better.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

I would request a different agent, as others said, due to conflict of interest! She wouldn't be able to remain impartial as a relative, regardless of how good or bad your relationship is!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

Couldn't you ask your fil to pay rent directly to him n he can save money by not paying real estate fees??

But I'd definitely stay and have a friend over so if she said anything nasty you would have a witness.

Thanks
    Reviews

Stay and follow her around at a distance of a foot to a metre. Don't leave her side and don't say anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd stay and walk around with her, it shouldn't take more than ten minutes.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by asurpriseontheway View Post
    Couldn't you ask your fil to pay rent directly to him n he can save money by not paying real estate fees??

But I'd definitely stay and have a friend over so if she said anything nasty you would have a witness.
    This and of she does then complain to the agency and Put it annomouse (can't spell that to save my life lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree and definately have a friend there...

Maybe if your FIL and SIL want this so professional you could make a list of things wrong with the property you would like fixed.

Ohhhh this woman sounds like an absolute nightmare and I am so sorry you have to deal with her. I do get what you mean by just keeping the peace and you dont want to get kicked out but they cant have their cake and eat it to. If FIL wants an agent managing the property that should be your benefit as well.

But I am 100% sure you should not leave this woman alone in your house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Stay and have a 3rd party there too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Definately stay. And if you have an iPhone record the conversation (if she even speaks to you).

At least that way you have proof if she's a nasty cow to you.