+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    "Cool. What do you want for dinner?"

Then afterwards I'd give them a big hug and thank them for sharing their feelings with me.

Total non-issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How would you feel...

I'd probably just give them a big hug and thank them for telling me and ask if they wanted to talk or had questions etc.

As for how I would feel, I wouldn't care. As long as my child is happy, that's all that matters to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd secretly be a bit excited if any of my DS's were gay. Then I wouldn't have to deal with a DIL!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (11-09-2012),Chillies  (28-01-2013),VanityFey  (15-02-2013)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    So all I mean is there's no point wishing a gay child were straight, even if it's easier for them to have kids.

You can't wish away something that's apart of them. You embrace it, and help them when they decide to try and have a baby.
    Exactly!

Definitely no disappointment from me, regardless of their baby making abilities
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 11-09-2012 at 15:15.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-09-2012),babyla  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't know if I can answer this honestly. I'd like to say it would be a non-issue, but I know deep down I would be worried for them because of the hardships they may face and how the news would be received by other members of our family.

I would of course love my child unconditionally and support them however I could. I wouldn't be disappointed or anything like that, I would be proud they knew themselves plus trusted me enough to tell me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My son's sexuality is an absolute non-issue for me.

I'd be incredibly supportive and pleased that he had told me and not tried to live a closeted life out of fear of judgement.

It breaks my heart to think of a parent being 'disappointed' in their child for being gay. I can't get my head around it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    But on the upside - much harder to have an accidental unwanted pregnancy
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 11-09-2012 at 15:17.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First off, I'd probably give a blank look and say "Ok". Not to upset them, but simply because the sexuality of other people is of very little interest to me! *chuckle*.
    Then I'd let them know that I supported them, loved them, and would be there for them no matter what because I know from watching friends that it can be a hard life at times.

But honestly? It would never change how I feel about my kids. It'd be like them saying to me "Mum, I like Pokemon". Ok. Cool. What do you want for dinner?

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Old joke. A man is married to a woman and she's one of these ones who will never shut up. Always had an opinion on everything anyone ever does, gossiping all over the place and never giving him a moments peace.

One day, their 20-something year old daughter comes to them and says "Mum, Dad, I want you to know that I'm gay."

Well, mum is gob smacked and just sits there, silent, too shocked to say anything.

The dad walks quietly across to his daughter with a big smile on his face, gives her a hug and says "I love you sweetheart and I'm proud of you. I just wish to Christ you had of told us years ago. Finally, she's shut up!"

I figure I'd be that dad. It's a complete non-issue for me.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

3InATub  (11-09-2012),peanuthead  (11-09-2012),Purpz  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gluttonforpunishment View Post
    old joke. A man is married to a woman and she's one of these ones who will never shut up. Always had an opinion on everything anyone ever does, gossiping all over the place and never giving him a moments peace.

One day, their 20-something year old daughter comes to them and says "mum, dad, i want you to know that i'm gay."

well, mum is gob smacked and just sits there, silent, too shocked to say anything.

The dad walks quietly across to his daughter with a big smile on his face, gives her a hug and says "i love you sweetheart and i'm proud of you. I just wish to christ you had of told us years ago. Finally, she's shut up!"

i figure i'd be that dad. It's a complete non-issue for me.
    bahaha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast