Closed Thread
Page 46 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Sorry I may have missed something, why u on bed rest and why do they think it's coming early?vsorry if I'm asking something you've already explained. And if you don't wana explain that cool too!!! Hope you ok.vwha do you have at home? My first didn't sleep til 18 months thru the night - nearly killed me but you get used to it I think by 12 months. There's a new book out by ken follet. It's over 1000 pages - I've just bought it. It's fab.
    Hi Gampa, I posted a while back (have been really busy and of course pre occupied!) I have complete placenta prevai (grade 4) OB is hoping for at least 34 weeks delivery - depending on bleeding (and ive had 2 already, not supposed to ramp up till 3rd trimester) am in the process of moving closer to the hospital, while DH is home. Long story, but that's the just really! What's the new book called by ken follet? Hope your going well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Greb i cant speak for Gampa, but it is means tested at $150,000 for an individual. So if you earn over $150k then you are not entitled. But Gampa could have other reasons she doesnt receive it?

Anyone going to take up that 2 week pay for dads?

I dont have any annual leave so when I finish i am on Mat leave....or unpaid leave until bubs is born, not sure how it works? I am in the process of fillnig out the gov forms now and i am going to fo into centrelink to submit them to make sure i have done it all correctly!
    I have pretty much finished filling my form out for Paid Parental Leave (I was on the phone to Centrelink for 40 minutes with my questions lol) - I will submit it online in December. You have the option of taking PPL in conjuction with your mat leave (at the same time), or you can time it so that when your mat leave finishes, your PPL starts. I think as long as you start your PPL within 34 weeks, and take all 18 weeks at once, and payments end before bubs is 1 then it's all good.

Will definitely be looking into the Dad & partner pay - 2 weeks - it just means that he will take unpaid leave from work and take the government grant but need to look into the eligibility. He has a stack of sick / carers leave saved up so we might see if we can be cheeky and get the doc to give him a certificate for a couple of weeks so he can look after me! No paternity leave from his work at all....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Hey Gampa,

I'm the slacker of the bunch, or maybe the lucky one, not sure, though will definitely will be the bored one. I am a mobile Dog Groomer so on the road driving every day, standing, bending over a tub to wash them and then doing all those fancy cuts on all kind of breeds. It is too hot in my trailer at the moment and it will only get worse, so we decided that I would finish this week. I have massive guilt issues about it as I work for myself, so my income pretty much stops this week.

Been thinking I might set up an online ebay story and import some wall stickers from China to help out, but that is still being discussed at the moment.

However we are lucky in a sense as my DH runs his family company and I am going on the books for a couple of months so we can get the mat leave from the govt. Will be doing some work from home for a little while, though i don't expect it to be too much, It will be more just helping when needed. Going to be very very bored I reckon.
    soak up the sunshine and nest your home - bubs will be here before you know it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    The baby bonus and mat leave from govt is means tested. I am self employed so don't get any mat leave. I do work within the health system but they don't pay us mat leave anyway! My rents starting 1st nov. won't be finished til may! But babies don't take up much space. Just noise that worries me.
    I believe that even the self employed can apply for Paid Parental Leave (rather than baby bonus) - you should look into it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much talk about centrelink and the forms - so confusing! As I said, I actually printed out the form, filled in what I knew, marked down all the questions I had. I called them and was on the phone for 40 minutes but the lady I spoke to was really helpful (lucky me). I have now pretty much completed my form - just need to enter TFNs, bank details and income. I know that now I have all the information I won't have too much trouble when it comes to submitting the form online. I am due 19th Feb and so she said that anytime in December is fine to submit, so I will do it on my last couple of days at work in mid December I think.

mrsoptimistic - hope you're doing ok, what a nightmare it sounds like you're going through but like you said as long as everyone has a close eye on bubs and its' healthy thats all that matters...I love anything by John Grisham (books I haven't read for years), loved the Twilight series (lol). Other good books I've read off the top of my head are The Kite Runner, A Fine Balance & oh you know what is a great book - The Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet. I'm a catholic but this book is all about explaining buddhist ways of life through the characters of Winnie the Pooh - a very inspiring book (almost made me want to become a buddhist when I read it haha but definitely made me think about the way I go about things) - Massive recommendation. If you want baby books to read - I've got What to Expect When You're Expecting (has been great), Birth (OK, but not as great) and Baby Love which one of my friends lent me and I havent started yet but supposed to be awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone thought about childcare for when you go back to work (if you are going back). I plan to be home for at least a year then go back to work after that. There is a new child care centre opening up accross the road from work in April next year, I have sent in my registration form for 2014, but just wondering if it is too early as bubs isn't even born. Just waiting to hear back from them about the fees etc. Will continue to look around at other places too, but this place would be so handy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey everyone havent been in here for ages due to the app. Being down and for some reason im constantly rejected out of any updates from this forum. Its so frustrating!!!!! Im looking at everybodys countdown tickers as i read the posts and gee talk about making me nervous!!!!! Some people are almost hitting the 12 week mark!!!! Im 23 weeks so soon i will be down there too lol. I would love to see pictures of peoples finished nurserys if anyone would like to post i would be happy to admire lol and i will put one up of mibe when its done in case anyone is ibterested lol. Nothing exciting happening with me just trying to fullfill some personal goals before baby arrives hope everyone is well and coping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeanksta View Post
    Has anyone thought about childcare for when you go back to work (if you are going back). I plan to be home for at least a year then go back to work after that. There is a new child care centre opening up accross the road from work in April next year, I have sent in my registration form for 2014, but just wondering if it is too early as bubs isn't even born. Just waiting to hear back from them about the fees etc. Will continue to look around at other places too, but this place would be so handy!
    I have thought about childcare but haven't made any enquiries as yet - definitely not too early to start though. One of my girlfriends told me that she wished she had got on the list when she was pregnant as she wasn't able to go to the one she wanted - so get on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Hey everyone havent been in here for ages due to the app. Being down and for some reason im constantly rejected out of any updates from this forum. Its so frustrating!!!!! Im looking at everybodys countdown tickers as i read the posts and gee talk about making me nervous!!!!! Some people are almost hitting the 12 week mark!!!! Im 23 weeks so soon i will be down there too lol. I would love to see pictures of peoples finished nurserys if anyone would like to post i would be happy to admire lol and i will put one up of mibe when its done in case anyone is ibterested lol. Nothing exciting happening with me just trying to fullfill some personal goals before baby arrives hope everyone is well and coping
    good to hear from you - yes it's definitely a bit daunting all these tickers going down down down so quickly! It's amazing how loooonnnnggg that first 12 weeks was and now it's flying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not going to worry about childcare, I can't justify the expense of it, I would rather stay at home with the kids and just sacrifice for a couple of years while we are on one wage. But that is a personal choice, and its not for everyone.

Broomdyke, I am still waiting on DH to paint our nursery so that I can get stuck into decorating... hopefully this week he will finish it!