+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you ever stay at home all day?

Hi. I have a 2.5 yr DS and a one month old DD. My DS is very active and needs a lot of action. We have always gone out somewhere at least once, often twice a day. For example, park, shopping. Since DD arrived this is so hard - she feeds all the time and cries if she isn't feeding. It's so stressful going out. BUT, it's stressful staying home because DS is bored quickly even though he has so many toys. He isn't content just to potter around the house and he isn't interested in TV/DVD's. Have I just created this situation by always taking him out previously? I feel so guilty just sitting around feeding DD while he is trying to find something to do.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, my question was : how often do you have days when you just stay at home?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I try and get out every day and make sure the kids have some exercise but some days it doesn't happen. When DD was a newborn she was very VERY challenging and wanted to feed all the time too but I tried each morning to take the kids for a short walk so at the very least we would all get some exercise. Don't be too hard on yourself though, newborns and toddlers are seriously hard work, especially ones that want to feed all the time. Have you tried a sling? I found that DD wasn't quite so demanding if she was in a sling and I was walking around.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Most days we just stay home though DS1 gets off the bus at a park so we get there a bit earlier for a play - I guess that counts as an outing.

My boys are 6 and 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Haha! Pretty much every day at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews

My boys are 20 months and 6 months so it's much easier to get out and about now the youngest is a bit older. We either go to the beach or park which are both less than 10 minute walk away. We also play in the back garden alot.

I don't drive so when it's raining we tend to stay in. My eldest hates staying in the house all day though and goes a bit crazy if we are inside all day!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some weeks we leave the house every day, other times just a few days a week... but there are often times where we will stay home all day without leaving for several days of the week.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

We go for a walk the days we don't have things planned but it's early days for you maybe focus on things you can do at home with him? Playing outside building a cubby inside simple cooking. My DS2 isn't fond of toys that much he prefers experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Do you ever stay at home all day?

Pretty much every day we do something. Though usually if we haven't gone out at all all day we walk to dfs work and walk home with hIm (20 min walk) because by that time we are all getting a bit of cabin fever.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 09-09-2012 at 19:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Dd is at school now so is out every day except weekends differs depending on what we have on that weekend. Prior school there would be a week we would stay home or a week we would be out everyday. It would just depend. She did go to dc eventually twice a week. And as a baby I would take her for a walk in her pram which would put her to sleep for her morning nap.

Maybe you could take you ds for a wall while having bub is a carrier that is breast feeding friendly?