+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    How rude! Could there be an issue with insurance, like what happened if the kids hurt themselves? Could they try and sue you? I would be putting up those big no trespassing signs.
    This is my dh's concern

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Is it an empty block of land? I would be peeved about the cut fence, but not about it being used.

Could you come to some kind of arrangement with them? I would offer the use of the land if the kept it mowed and tidy.
    This. If I was just 'sitting on' a piece of land and not actually using it, I probably wouldn't mind if the neighbours' kids played there/used it for their quad bikes or whatever. I'd be annoyed about the fence though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can't believe the cheek of some people *vent

Honestly..... I wouldn't mind. Cutting the fence yep that would annoy me but the rest.... They prob didn't realise it was an issue to you. Unless you were growing sometimes of crop on it, why is it such a big deal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

The big deal is that regardless of whether the block is vacant or not, it's not their property. They have purposely cut the fence and are trespassing.
    Honestly if they didn't collect their stuff within a reasonable time frame I'd have it removed and sell it, and use the profit to fix the fence.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

Pinksamillion  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    Honestly..... I wouldn't mind. Cutting the fence yep that would annoy me but the rest.... They prob didn't realise it was an issue to you. Unless you were growing sometimes of crop on it, why is it such a big deal?
    If you decided to sit your car in your driveway overnight, lock it up and go to bed, but someone came and broke in and took it, started driving it around, but returned it the next morning before you used it again, would you be okay with that?

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Abi&Beth  (08-09-2012),beccacino  (10-09-2012),Boobycino  (08-09-2012),Bubmum  (09-09-2012),JessicaBailey  (18-09-2012),Luvmydogs  (09-09-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (09-09-2012),Mumto5plus1  (09-09-2012),Pinksamillion  (09-09-2012),twotrunks  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be taking plenty of photos to document the fence damage and the belongings they have left on your property just to cover yourself incase something happens.

The whole situation would annoy me as I am a private 6foot fence around my property type of person lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nelle7250 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That's very rude. Especially breaking the fence. Riding the quad bike I probably wouldn't mind but using the property as a place to store their stuff is pretty cheeky. I would also be taking pics of the fence and invoicing them a bill. That's property damage...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be interested to know if your note is enough to get them to move their stuff. I'd be concerned about the possibility of being sued if one of the kids hurts themselves as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I would be very careful before touching their property let alone taking/destroying it. Before someone can get rid of 'abandoned' property there is a whole heap of legal stuff they have to do (notices, etc). Failure to follow the rules could put you on the wrong side of a court case.

Good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    The big deal is that regardless of whether the block is vacant or not, it's not their property. They have purposely cut the fence and are trespassing.
    Honestly if they didn't collect their stuff within a reasonable time frame I'd have it removed and sell it, and use the profit to fix the fence.
    Exactly this, it is OUR property NOT anyone else's.
    The block is full of shrub and we are legally obliged by council to have it slashed once per year which we do have done and keep it clean. Now our property is utilised to store other people's crap and now has been cut up by motorbikes. It looks untidy! Not to mention a possible legal issue should one of the kids gets hurt. There could be glass or anything there.

Dh and I are going back over there this morning. We intend to take the goods off the property and put them on the verge of the neighbours should we find it not be removed yet or them not home again. We will then be putting a letter to them in writting advising them not to use our property or a third party will be involved. We will also be having a "private land, no trespassing, offenders will be prosecuted sign made up and placed at the front of the property. We are also considering having new solid fences put around the entire property in which all neighbours will have to pay half for anyway legally as the fencing there is chicken wire so not sufficient.

Just can't get my head around the fact someone would use someone else's property like that. It's beyond rude!! Least they could have done is ask although the answer would have been no.