+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default weight loss and breastfeeding..mini vent.

hi

just needed a quick vent....

my mother has given me utter $hit for the past few days with comments like "you should have lost more weight by now" and then tonight "dont eat THAT your meant to be on a diet"..............WTF..seriously go f yourself..my MIL is just as bad with her comments about weight ...i told her at a family gathering that my baby was in highest percentile for weight..i mean im so proud she has thrived on my milk..she said "oh no u dont want her to develop fat cells when she is 15 or 16;..um wtf??? u dummy BFing protects against obesity....seriously all these old bags need to take a running leap....im just pi$$ED off..yes i need to lose a lot of weight after 10 ivf's and 2 baby's ive put on lots of weight , sorrys its not falling off like posh spice on speed, not everyone loses heaps of weight while bfing...last time i didnt lose signigicant weight til after i stopped Bfing...im trying to lose weight but i admit i struggle sorry i get hungry when bfing............aoghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry just a vent.....it seems some ppl would be happier if i quit feeding so i can look good according to thier eyes and go on a starvation diet ...aholes .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yeah, don't you know EVERYONE loses weight breastfeeding? I mean, my friend's sister's cousin's aunty's dog's friend's brother's wife lost ALL their baby weight and then some by breastfeeding.

You must be doing it wrong if it's not working for you???

Yup, I hear your vent and totally, utterly, send you hugs. Good on you for feeding your bub. Good on you for having two amazing miracles. And good on you for going through an amazing journey to get there. Everyone else can go f%$^ themselves.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: weight loss and breastfeeding..mini vent.

He he posh spice on speed!
    Totally get you. I lost a lot of weight breastfeeding but that has been over 15 months lol. It certainly didn't fall off in a few weeks or months. And I have friends who are champion breastfeeders and they really struggle to lose weight and had to wait till their babies were older to "diet" or else their milk supply would drop.
    Definitely don't do any crash diets! You are doing a great job feeding your bubba.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (08-09-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I haven't lost 1 kg breastfeeding, not even when I was tandem feeding and expressing 1L a day.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Im still breastfeeding dd who is 2 next month and I haven't lost anything at all from breastfeeding!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (08-09-2012)

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never lost any weight while bf both of my ch'n - it just stayed stored. Tell your mum and your MIL to stop it with the hurtful and insensitive comments. You are doing the most important job at the moment - making food for your baby, and your body wants to hold on to the extra energy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetsugardumplin' For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (08-09-2012)