+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Red face Feeding Bra and feeding swimwear advice needed...desperate mummy allert!

Hi Ladies,

I just had my 3rd bub. I need a little advise with regards to feeding bras and swimwear. I still wear the bra's I had with my first 2 and I feed them for over a year each...totaly eeeeeek I know. Problem is I just cant find anything I feel safe in...so to speak. The bra's and swimwear I have tried seems to let the bunnies hop over and not cage them in enough on the sides.

The ones I have is too big, I lost 23kg before this prg and I did not gain much during prg. They also do not support me much and I am rather active. While breatfeeding my first 2 babies, I felt caged and did not exercise much because of my boobs hurting from not being supported enough....I need to move or the depression creeps in and I gain weight....I am terrified of gaining the weight again.

I also need advice with swimwear I can feed in and that supports well as this is my main form of exercise and leisure. Most of the things I see is bikini's or tankini's...bikini's does not work for me...not after 3 babies, loads of weight off and still being plump...and the muffin creeps out between the botoms and the bottom of the tankini. If I could find a feeding racer back that supports without pushing the jugs flat...I would be totally greatfull!

Please help! I hope I am asking this at the right place....any advice or ideas will help. I cant be the only one with this problem. Oh, I live in WA Joondalup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not in the same area so can't reccommend bra shops but i would go and get a proper fitting done they will have something that suits you i have to do it every time i get new bras because i have big boobs narrow across the back but wide haha its hard to find anything that fits let alone nice bras.

As for the swimmers i just always wore a tankini with underwire and when i had to feed i would loosen that side off and take my whole boob out and then would just cover bub and my boob with a towel or wrap i didn't put it over them but just sort of sheilded everything from everyone else haha.

don't know if that helps but good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought most of my maternity bras from Target & Big W to be honest. I'm quite happy with them. I like the Bonds ones particularly.

I have also bought some lovely nursing clothes from Figure 8 maternity - a US store with reasonable shipping costs to Australia. They have a feeding bathing suit that I saw - http://www.figure8maternity.com/view...fm?pid=1258100 - don't know if it's what you're looking for, but it could be. I bought a maternity swimsuit from Baby Target (5 years ago) and it had a built in shelf bra and that provided ample support for me, but didn't have feeding access as such. Do you think you need the feeding access in the bathers? I don't know for how long you swim, but I imagine it would be more comfortable all around to feed in your normal clothes rather than in bathers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeding Bra and feeding swimwear advice needed...desperate mummy allert!

I love target! They have crop top kind of feeding bras that I use for night, not so supportive, but I have some of targets 30 and 35 dollar bras and I love them!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    This was my favourite place for feeding tops, they have feeding swimmers too.
    www.motherwear.com

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeding Bra and feeding swimwear advice needed...desperate mummy allert!

Hi i have actually found breast feeding one piece swimsuits on eBay. I'm still feeding my 14 month old DD & am a 12E, and needs something with lots of support. We are going on holidays to the beach this year, so I'm looking at buying a pair of these :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you guys! We very often spend the whole day out on the beach. Will give those sites a good look over...thank you! Eventhough it has bern over 6years since my first child and it is my 3rd bubs, I have never been able to get used to my new ample but floppy body. i just feel like I spread all over the place and I want it caged!

Thanks
    Reviews

figleaves.com is good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    I bought most of my maternity bras from Target & Big W to be honest. I'm quite happy with them. I like the Bonds ones particularly.

I have also bought some lovely nursing clothes from Figure 8 maternity - a US store with reasonable shipping costs to Australia. They have a feeding bathing suit that I saw - http://www.figure8maternity.com/view...fm?pid=1258100 - don't know if it's what you're looking for, but it could be. I bought a maternity swimsuit from Baby Target (5 years ago) and it had a built in shelf bra and that provided ample support for me, but didn't have feeding access as such. Do you think you need the feeding access in the bathers? I don't know for how long you swim, but I imagine it would be more comfortable all around to feed in your normal clothes rather than in bathers.
    Yup, looks like what i am looking for. I just askd them about the back, as strap slipping off shoulders are very irritating. Thank you...the price alo looks great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    This was my favourite place for feeding tops, they have feeding swimmers too.
    www.motherwear.com
    Thank you, their prices are very reasonable too!