Oh I'm so glad you got an appointment MGC. Hopefully he comes to the party you've planned
Peonies: bummer that you've missed the egg this month. My first time doing AI at home we did it on CD 11 and 12 (usually ovulated 13-14 and I ovulated late on CD17! I was devastated. So I know how you feel. I hated wasting an egg
I am 7dp3dt and OHSS has crept up on me. It started about 3 days ago, but was made worse by hcg booster shot 2 nights ago. Crossing my fingers that it started from hcg produced by my little embryo though.
I guess I'll see in 6 days time. I keep swinging from thinking it's worked, to thinking it can't possibly have.
Results 701 to 710 of 951
09-03-2013 05:25 #701
13-03-2013 12:40 #702
Sydney Girls Roll Call
Waiting to Cycle
(limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
(IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
Peoniesarepretty- AI at home
(note: if your BT date is wrong, please help yourself to correct it )
rainbow road- BT 15/3
The Time Has Come- Mar 2013
Mac8- April 2013
Bella978- July 2013
Lillac- Aug 2013
Nat84u - DD 2004 & DS Feb 2013
PinkButterfly- DD1 2007 & DD2 Feb 2012
Traveler- DS 2009 & DD Jan 2013
Lola77- DS 2009
Loulabelle- DD1 2009 & DD2 Mar 2012
The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010
25andhopeful - natural miracle- DD Apr 2012
Bebehvala - DS Aug 2012
Felicita - DS & DD Sep 2012
Quartz- DS1 & DS2 Oct 2012
EternalOptimist- DS Oct 2012
romaverona- DS Dec 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:
MGC Bertie (13-03-2013)
13-03-2013 13:01 #703
So quiet in here lately. Sorry I have been MIA, been away for work and going away again this Sunday so I haven't got time to scratch myself!
Rainbow- only 2 days left!! Are you going to POAS? I really hope your emby has gotten cosy and it will be a strong BFP for you
MGC- I was so sad for you when I read that AF had arrived. Very pleased though that you got in quickly to see your FS and you'll have better prog support next time.
Peonies- Bummer about missing the egg. Fingers crossed for March
Wishing- oh hun, I want to give you a big hug too . Pop in here anytime you like. I hope that fostering is very rewarding and fulfilling for you. 11 assessments sounds crazy, I hope you pass them all with flying colours
Fingerscrossed- where is your DP up to now? Hope the cycle is progressing well.
TTHC- Hows it going in the final days? Looking forward to hearing baby news soon!
Hi to Traveller, Lillac, Quartz, Nat & the ladies I've missed
AFM- I had my follow up RI appointment on 28/2 and the BTs he ran came back positive for an 'imbalance' in my immune system which kills off our embryos. He is going to treat me with steriods, antibiotics and intralipid infusions. Next step is to do a full cycle, but because of overseas travel for work that won't happen until May. Can't believe I'm getting back on this crazy ride. My last FET was exactly a year ago... the break has been bliss.
13-03-2013 13:35 #704
Simpson desert - this may some strange, but I'm glad Dr M picked up the immune issues for you. Gives you an answer and a treatment plan. I cannot wait to hear of your BFP!
Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub
The Following User Says Thank You to nat84u For This Useful Post:
13-03-2013 14:52 #705
Yay for new developments SD. Hopefully this gets you your very deserved BFP.
I'm 11dp3dt and had brown spotting this morning. It's entirely stopped now. But i am sure it is the start of AF, as much as i want to hope it's from emby gwtting snug. So I think I'm out, but will still have to go to my BT on Friday.
Hope everyone else is well xx
The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:
13-03-2013 19:43 #706
Simpson desert - I'm so relieved you have an answer from your testing. I know that cycling again will be nerve wrecking even though you are in a good place but it must be so relieving knowing that everything has been done to get those embies to stick. Will you be doing PGD (is that what it is) testing again? Enjoy the traveling!
Rainbow- I hope the spotting is a good sign.
13-03-2013 22:06 #707
Hi Simpson dessert - do you not have to go for a biopsy first before your protocol with dr M??? Is he just basing this on your BTs? I sound like I have the same BT results as you but still having biopsy? Now I'm wondering if its worth the time and money if all protocols will be the same????
14-03-2013 16:38 #708
hey all!!! update time
Well DP had the egg collection yesterday, 6 eggs were retrieved, 4 fertilised and transfer will be saturday morning. Acupunture pre and post treatment has been booked so bring on saturday!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:
MGC Bertie (14-03-2013)
14-03-2013 19:45 #709Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
SimpsonDesert.... it's interesting that the FS says you now have an immune imbalance, on top of your DH's MFI. I've asked a number of times about re-testing me or doing new tests on me, but each time I've been told, no you're fine, it's just your DH's MFI. I'd hate to find out later down the track that I was right!!
AFM.... went and saw our FS yesterday to discuss last failed cycle and plan the next cycle. Major discussion points of interest were:
- he mentioned that last time my LH levels weren't increasing as much as he expected, so will adjust meds next time
- he will use progesterone injections instead of pessaries, as he said they are much more effective (not sure why he doesn't use them all the time then!). He said progesterone injections will keep AF away for a long while, so the only side-effect of this, is that AF wil definitely not come before the preg BT, so you can't use AF as an indicator if the cycle worked or not (but that's peace of mind, knowing that it's not AF that stuffed up the cycle)
- he will do one and a half times the normal trigger injection, as he thought out of 6 follicles that we should have got more than 3 eggs. I said I was happy with 3 eggs out of 6 follicles, but he said that increasing the trigger shot should make a difference.
- he really doesn't think waiting the full 72 days for sperm to mature is going to make any difference to DH's 1 or 2 sperm, so we're going to go ahead now (which will mean only 58 days from mTESE when all good sperm was scooped up)
- he's going to use both assisted hatching and embryo glue during transfer, as well as doing guided ultrasound transfer (which I've not had on my previous two transfers), so it seems there's a few new things for this cycle compared to the past three.
- interestingly (and peonies, I think you'll like this one!) we've convinced him to do something that he said he's never done before - as DH only gets 1-2 sperm, we've insisted that we want to use both DH's 1-2 sperm, plus use donor back-up, e.g. if we get 3 eggs and 1 DH sperm, then 1 egg + 1 DH sperm is put into one dish, and the other 2 eggs are put with donor sperm in a separate dish. He said this hasn't been done before. Plenty of people have donor sperm ready as back-up, but that's because they find no sperm, but that DH is a special case as he often gets just 1 good sperm, and that's unusual - men usually have plenty or none, so it's always clear which way to go. At first he wasn't happy to go with our plan, and all of a sudden I was thinking that I'd have to start again at a different clinic to get what I want, but after some discussion, he agreed he would do it. To be honest, I think he seemed a little interested in trying it, since it's not done at all normally.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:
15-03-2013 10:01 #710
Rainbow- I reeeeaaallllyyy hope you get to hear those magic words when you get the BT results later today
Nat- thanks hun for urging me to go see Dr M. I already knew I had one immune issue (Hashimotos), and just wanted proper treatment for that really. I didn't expect a 2nd auto immune diagnosis but I'm glad too that its been found. At my appt I mentioned that you'd had your bub, he was very happy and said he's waiting for a photo .
Bella- I must thank you too along with Nat for insisting I see Dr M. Hope all is going well for you and bump! Pop in & let us know how you are.
Traveler- Yes we'll be doing PGD again. All this drama we've been through, I don't want to achieve a pregnancy only to find its not viable. I know its not 100% guarantee with a tested embryo, but it does eliminate a lot of the uncertainty.
Crofty- I already had the endometrial biopsy with my FS and showed those results to Dr M. He said I could choose to have another if I wanted as his lab expresses the results differently, but he said it wasn't really necessary. I'd go for it if I were you, the removal of the sample has been proven to stimulate the receptivity of the uterus (aka endometrial scratch). I got my one & only BFP the cycle after my biopsy, and I've asked my FS to do a new 'scratch' at my next EPU (I'm doing a freeze all, so that will stimulate my lining for FET the following cycle).
Fingerscrossed- good luck for ET tomorrow!
MGC- Its been a long road to get to the bottom of my immune issues. I suspected I had a problem after our 2nd cycle failed as our embryos had been top-notch hasting blasts. FS #1 didn't believe in such things, just blamed the MFI for everything. FS #2 (my current FS) has been great, he ran heaps of tests and put me on steroids and clexane, but it still wasn't working. The reproductive immunologist (RI) is the one who finally hit pay dirt. I feel ripped off that 8 beautiful blasties, one of them PGD tested, have been transferred and none of them ever stood a chance. Definitely don't leave it too long to be tested further, 3 transfers tops is my advice.
Good on you for getting your FS to break 'tradition' and letting you do a combined DH/donor cycle. It makes so much sense!
By FunKy~Mummy in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 274Last Post: 18-06-2015, 20:02
By SimpsonDesert in forum IVFReplies: 1640Last Post: 06-09-2012, 18:27
By Sariele in forum IVFReplies: 2Last Post: 19-06-2012, 07:50
TribalanceTriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Menevit versus Blackmores Conceive Well MenConception & Fertility General Chat
ongoing chat threadGeneral Chat
Happiness thread.General Chat
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Married At First Sight 2017Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF