+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think opposing views are a good thing, and make for a lively debate, but I think in some circumstances, and the thread I'm thinking of, a lot of women in it were being quite, not b!tchy, but were just saying remarkably hurtful things at a time when someone was incredibly vulnerable and upset, and most of it had nothing to do with the OP, or it was taken out of context.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Information, Discussions, Debates and Fights

Hmm... I also wonder that when there is a discussion of opposing views do people hold that against the opposing party forever or do people just put it behind them as"that was an interesting thread with interesting discussions by interesting people" like I do?

I am talking about the land of bubhub not real life. Cos normally I would so hold a grudge in real life at some things that get said here if they were said in real life IyKWIM

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Has bubhub ever had a debate thread - a few other sites do?
    Years ago there was a debate section but I think it got deleted because it was never used.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    I think opposing views are a good thing, and make for a lively debate, but I think in some circumstances, and the thread I'm thinking of, a lot of women in it were being quite, not b!tchy, but were just saying remarkably hurtful things at a time when someone was incredibly vulnerable and upset, and most of it had nothing to do with the OP, or it was taken out of context.

You must be thinking of a different thread than the one I was thinking of

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Hmm... I also wonder that when there is a discussion of opposing views do people hold that against the opposing party forever or do people just put it behind them as"that was an interesting thread with interesting discussions by interesting people" like I do?

I am talking about the land of bubhub not real life. Cos normally I would so hold a grudge in real life at some things that get said here if they were said in real life IyKWIM
    I rarely hold a grudge , you have to really p1ss me off a whole lot of times and even then I move on fairly easily.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Information, Discussions, Debates and Fights

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post

I don't carry it around I'll agree with someone in one thread and totally disagree with them in another if that's how I feel.

I love a good bh debate

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    You must be thinking of a different thread than the one I was thinking of

I rarely hold a grudge , you have to really p1ss me off a whole lot of times and even then I move on fairly easily.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't hold grudges

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Information, Discussions, Debates and Fights

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I don't carry it around I'll agree with someone in one thread and totally disagree with them in another if that's how I feel.

I love a good bh debate
    Me too. Sometimes I don't pay attention to who the actual poster is a lot of the time, just what they are saying.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It doesn't help that written words can so easily be taken out of context. Something that may have been intended as a casual flippant comment could be read condescending and nasty. That's why emoticons are AWESOME for setting the tone, smiley face always makes things better lol! (I would prove my point by adding one but haven't figured out how to on my phone)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unless it's a passive aggressive smiley lol!!