+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Pegasus is offline and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm pretty sure no one is ok with deadbeat fathers who pay nothing or minimum.

Paying for bills won't work, just look at the arguements here as to what's an essential. Some say internet is, some say it isn't.

The interesting thing about the way the current system is that it was based on the research which showed people with lower incomes spent more on their children proportionally. So that makes the sum of working out why is the cost of raising a child difficult too.

I try to feed my family on about $10-$20 a day, and only buy 2 school shorts(washing every second day) a year rather than 5(one a day) which changes costs for me against what newspapers publish at the beginning of every school year (for instance)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    Heres a hypothetical as to why i disagree on basing it on wages earned.

parent A has children 5 days a week, works fulltime and earns 85k
    Parent A also pays for everything child related.

Parent B has the children 2 days a week, chooses not to work at all so earns $0 Parent B deadset refuses to help pay for anything.

Parent B goes to CSA and puts in a claim and because parent A earns more they have to pay parent B $250 a week.

How is that fair ?? Parent A has to pay Parent B even though Parent A is already covering all of the childrens costs and has majority of care.
    Parent B gets away with it because its based on wages, CSA don't care who pays for what just what number the computer spits out at them.
    You are right, that is unfair. As you say, parent A is already paying for everything, but has to pay CS to the parent who only has 2 days a week. In this case the minimum rate I suggested of $40 a week would help. Being the 5 day a week carer, parent A would be credited that amount off that they are paying parent B. Is that example a real one? I can't understand a parent that has their child only 2 days a week getting so much CS. Especially when 85k is decent but not a huge wage.... and a parent who has their kids 2 days a week and has the other parent paying for everything, doesn't pay them CS, yet claims $250 a week for essentially nothing... that's pretty rough

It's a complex system, thus why I started the thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin off* How would you like to see the CS system organised?

That isn't a real case. There's no way those figures are even close to correct. Just going by what we pay and owe and the % we have SS and the % FOB has DS (never.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

When does CS end? Is it just automatically when the child is 18? Or if the child starts working before 18?
    What obligation should the bio parent have after CS has officially stopped??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Certainly a much harsher penalties for those who don't pay their CS.

And a better system for detecting fraud - this may be an ATO issue).

ExDP and I have a private agreement which were both fine with and he always pays on time and has occasionally helped out outside of CS when I've needed it. People tell me I'm 'lucky' he's so 'good' regarding these things - that only tells me how bad off many others have it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    You are right, that is unfair. As you say, parent A is already paying for everything, but has to pay CS to the parent who only has 2 days a week. In this case the minimum rate I suggested of $40 a week would help. Being the 5 day a week carer, parent A would be credited that amount off that they are paying parent B. Is that example a real one? I can't understand a parent that has their child only 2 days a week getting so much CS. Especially when 85k is decent but not a huge wage.... and a parent who has their kids 2 days a week and has the other parent paying for everything, doesn't pay them CS, yet claims $250 a week for essentially nothing... that's pretty rough

It's a complex system, thus why I started the thread.
    This was us a few years ago.
    Deleted the rest for privacy reasons.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 01-09-2012 at 14:37.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow.... Full on. I hope that can't happen again?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    That isn't a real case. There's no way those figures are even close to correct. Just going by what we pay and owe and the % we have SS and the % FOB has DS (never.)
    Its not just one kid, its 3.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    Its not just one kid, its 3.
    Yep. Sorry. I didn't realise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ....Thats ok FOBS.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 01-09-2012 at 14:21.