+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you pack when traveling with baby?

So DD is 5months and we've been on 3 trips. One we drove and we had soo much stuff the car was overflowing. Second trip was by plane for 5 days I ran our of bibs and clothes. Third trip I forgot to pack wraps and baby wash...
    We have an international holiday coming up I hope ill be well prepared i like to be the person with the little carry on and well prepared! I would love suggestions and ideas :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i make sure i make a list of everything i need and then when i pack, i tick them off. i try to get smaller packs of the wash etc so it fits into the suitcase easier and i also brought along a little bag full of toys for baby to inspect/hold...

Thanks
    Reviews

:-) lists I used to be able to have lists in my brain... Now it's like scrambled eggs in there! Tho I don't only forget to pack things I also brought sleeping pillow and heart monitor which she didn't use coz she slept on her own double bed, same goes for a huge amount of nappies, hats and general junk which I lug around Australia for absolutely no reason :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

When we travel on long haul flights, I try to keep it really light, I pack the favourite blankie(or toy), and a new toy, pacifier(an extra emergency one) bottle, water in a thermos(don't have it too hot at some airports you have to take a gulp),
    for a 24hr fight I took 4 changes of clothes, just all in ones so bubs would be comfy, about 6 bibs, and a clothes for when we arrived at the destination, (we went from winter to summer)
    Pack of wipes, a snack he loves and a drink(I usually give water only but for a flight always have a drink I've tested beforehand, for take off and landings, for the ears)
    The little travel panadol pack(they come in a handy packet) and thermometer. A large muslin wrap to put in the baby cot. A little blanket for sleeping- I don't like the aeroplane ones!
    Take baby food- as some flights don't give you any.
    I worked out what I usually use in a day for nappies and just added 2 extra.
    If your taking your pram- they are real rough with them so bubble wrap the handles and parts you don't want scratched.