+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Funny First Time Pregnant thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by quietlyhopeful View Post
    Haha well I'm currently 7w and I'm most worried about pooping during labour, closely followed by people seeing my lady bits and whether I should wax for the birth (I normally do it myself, which could be hard with a big belly, so I'm thinking who cares!) Haha I'm loving hearing that when you're actually in labour that these things don't bother you. Although, it is scary to think that you're in so much pain that you don't care if you poop in front of strangers lol!!!
    In my experience, which is once...
    Too me, it wasn't *THAT* painful,
    I think everyone telling you that it will be the most painful thing in the world over prepared me and when it was happening I was like, it isn't that bad.

But everyone is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It's not the pain, rather you are so intensely focused on getting that baby out that details cease to matter

Thanks
    Reviews

I've actually found myself worrying more about the trivial things the second time around lol.

Will definitely be waxing, not just for the clean factor but last time they didn't have time to shave me when I had an emergency c-section and it took half an hour with a pair of nail clippers (all I had on me in hospy) to clip each hair to get the dressing off!

Also not looking forward to having so much weight to lose and toning my belly, took me so long after the girls!

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is definitely not the same train of thought as everyone else but when I first fell pregnant I chucked out my vibrator because I thought 'mothers don't have those kinds of things'... BIGGEST.MISTAKE.EVER. LOL....

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (29-08-2012),Cazza1981  (04-09-2012),GreenMama  (29-08-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (31-08-2012),mamamel89  (31-08-2012),mummy and bubbles  (29-08-2012),TreeGirl  (29-08-2012),WhitePeach  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Funny First Time Pregnant thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    This is definitely not the same train of thought as everyone else but when I first fell pregnant I chucked out my vibrator because I thought 'mothers don't have those kinds of things'... BIGGEST.MISTAKE.EVER. LOL....
    Hee hee hee hee HILARIOUS

Sent from my GT-N7000 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WhitePeach For This Useful Post:

Theophania  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I thought if I had a thought inside my head the baby could "hear" it

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by quietlyhopeful View Post
    Haha well I'm currently 7w and I'm most worried about pooping during labour, closely followed by people seeing my lady bits and whether I should wax for the birth (I normally do it myself, which could be hard with a big belly, so I'm thinking who cares!) Haha I'm loving hearing that when you're actually in labour that these things don't bother you. Although, it is scary to think that you're in so much pain that you don't care if you poop in front of strangers lol!!!
    I feel the same way.
    It's nice to hear these concerns won't matter on the big day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Hahaha I just laughed so hard my baby fell off my boob

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Theophania  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, I second the pooing in labour thing. I wasn't overly worried, but it did play on my mind a fair bit. I vividly remember thinking while I was pushing, like it was the least important thing in the world, "Hmm, I wonder if I'm pooing right now?" then forgot about it completely. A couple of days later I remembered and enthusiastically asked DP, "Hey, did I poo while she was coming out?!?". He wasn't sure but said that the midwife was wiping stuff away so maybe. So far from important once it's actually happening!

Also being naked in front of everyone - pfft, 20 people could've been in that room and I wouldn't have cared. When my water broke right before I started pushing, I yelled at DP to go and get my midwife as it was time. He ran out to discover that she was out moving her car (a whole other thread...) and came back in with a male middy that I'd never met. Completely unfazed and happy to see him, stark naked!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Funny First Time Pregnant thoughts.

I remember the day after my son was born receiving a free bounty pack.. In it were some cards showing how every 4 hours the Mum would have to tend to baby.... I honestly nearly died of pure fear! I couldnt stop thinking "Oh my god, what have I done! I can't be tending to a baby every 4 hours day in day out!.....

How naive I was!

***Sent from my phone***