+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I feel awful :-(

DS started at a daycare centre today after two years in family daycare and he was so distressed when I left. He was hitting his teacher (who was holding him in her arms to stop him following me out) threw her hat off her head to the ground, kicking and screaming and clawing at her to let him down so he could get to me. When I took him there for a visit last week he loved it and wanted to stay that day and we've talked about it all week and he's been so keen! But now I don't know if I've done the right thing for him. He was getting too full on for FDC and his tantrums were getting too much for his teacher to handle on her own with three other kids to look after, so I really felt it was time to go to a bigger centre with more carers and kids and equipment.

I feel so guilty and miserable knowing he is crying and angry and out of control lashing out right now wanting to come home :'-(

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel awful :-(

Don't feel guilty at all, you are doing what you think is best for your child!

First days are always the hardest. Maybe throughout the day you could call the center and ask for an update to see how he is doing?