ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Crazy themed Weddings!

I was listening to the radio this arvo and they were talking about Weddings that are themed.

One of the hosts said that they went to a wedding where it was an Addams family theme and all the bridal party was dressed up as the Addams family and they had coffins, cobwebs the works. They even got married on Halloween!

So it got me thinking have you been to a crazy themed wedding like this? I just got married 4 months ago and would never have even thought to do something like this. In fact in comparison our wedding would be considered very normal.

Also one of the hosts mentioned that he thought it was a bit ridiculous and he felt that weddings like this take away from the whole meaning and its just an excuse to throw a party. Do you agree with this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAHA I was listening to the same program. Not really crazy but we went to a mediaval themed wedding once, wasn't my cup of tea and it somehow did seem to detract from the wedding theme but they had an awesome time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rekon it sounds like heaps of fun!

We're having a vintage themed wedding and most of our friends and some of our family want to dress up in vintage gear (although i know retro suits and gowns are not as crazy as the adams family). I think it's fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

OMG I saw someone post on fb about a zombies themed wedding! Their wedding cake had the little bride and groom cake toppers with buzz saws trying to fend off these awful zombies on the cake layers below! Complete with blood spatters and everything!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    HAHA I was listening to the same program. Not really crazy but we went to a mediaval themed wedding once, wasn't my cup of tea and it somehow did seem to detract from the wedding theme but they had an awesome time.
    Haha good ol Nova! I missed half of the segment when I was dropping in some dinner for DH so I would have loved to hear the other ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow a zombie themed wedding! Thats kinda cool! I guess for me I dont think its taking the p!ss if you knew it was really true to the couple iykwim.

Love the vintage themed wedding! That would make great photos if you got your guests to dress up too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My wedding is a Victorian gothic theme, I'm not making people dress up and I'm still having a big white dress....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends. Some of them are wonderful, while others can seem tacky. The best wedding I've been to was a medieval theme, and everyone there had such an amazing time. I don't think it took away from the meaning of it at all. It was still about two people who really loved each other, sharing their union with friends and family, etc.
    On the other hand, I went to a wedding that wasn't "themed" really, but absolutely everything was pink, and it was wayyyy OTT and felt like a kids princess party instead of a wedding. Everything was about just the bride and her pink-ness, while the groom just sort of stood around looking sheepish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would love love love to have a star wars themed wedding or similar

I think traditional weddings our fading out..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think they can work if they commit to the theme and pay attention to detail. Some of them do result in an unbelievably tacky display though.

One of my friends was bridesmaid at a half-ar$ed pirate themed wedding and by all accounts it was a bogan-esque failure. But they were the kind of people who probably would have stuffed up the planning of a traditional wedding too!