+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 19 weeks scan rant! Warning!

I had my scan last week and asked to find out the sex, the lady wizzed across looking for leg pics and said can't see any boy parts then at the end of the scan proceeded to say you can try for a third and went on about techniques to sway gender. I am not happy now I should have asked her to go back and look again. She was having alot of trouble getting pics as bubs was in wrong position. Anyone else had a similar experience and us person being wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Which part is annoying you the most, the fact that the US tech told you she couldn't see boy parts or the fact that she mentioned ways to sway towards it being a boy next time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the same question as OM.

Personally, I'd be very annoyed to have a technician suggest that if it was unprovoked... depends whether you mentioned anything along those lines though.

Our bub isn't born yet, but the technician said pretty much the same thing... she thought it was a girl because she couldn't see a penis or scrotum. It's quite common... and yes I know a few people who've been told the same and it's turned out to be a boy. Unfortunately they can't always get an accurate idea or whether it's a boy or a girl even though we may want to know.

If you really want to know for sure, the best way is to get a 3D scan. If you get one around 30-34 weeks then you're likely to get a good view of baby when it's looking a little more human too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First and foremost the morph scan is to check that the baby is developing properly and everything is where it should be.

Unfortunately some technicians don't like to spend too much time trying to tell you the sex. The comment about gender swaying was a bit rude though.

I was prepared to have a 3D gender scan if they weren't able to/didn't want to tell me the sex, perhaps you should consider this.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felicia81 For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (27-08-2012),Sarelou  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not quite sure why you're annoyed either.

Your post (particularly the last sentence) gives a pretty clear vibe that you suspect the technician thinks its a girl but you want a boy (hence asking if other peoples results have turned out wrong). If that's the case maybe the technician saw you were bummed out and was trying to cheer you up, suggesting you can always try again for a boy later?

I mean its a weird thing for a stranger to discuss with you but not something thats worth getting your knickers in a knot over.

Thanks
    Reviews

We are annoyed because She asked us if we wanted to know the sex then waved it over that area and didn't bother checking properly. This is my second pregnancy so know the scan was to check growth etc as we wanted them to check specific things like for club feet bc i have a neice with it. And I live in a rural area so going and getting a 3D scan is probably impossible as we travelled for this scan.

Thanks
    Reviews

I understand your frustration. Did you pay for the scan or was it free?? Sounds like she just couldn't be bothered.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    I understand your frustration. Did you pay for the scan or was it free?? Sounds like she just couldn't be bothered.
    Thanks it was under Medicare but traveling for it costs money too. I am just a bit annoyed as I wanted to do bubs shopping that day but couldn't bc she couldn't give me a good answer and I don't want to have to travel again and have now missed the baby sale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    If bub isn't in the right position there is nothing she could do.

Thanks
    Reviews

Gender guesses have 50/50 chance of being wrong anyway and you have to remember that they are just "guesses". Also as PP said if bubs was in the wrong position then there's not much that the technician could have done.

Don't worry about missing out on the baby sale, there will be plenty more sales before your baby is due.
    Last edited by FemmeFatale; 27-08-2012 at 16:30.