+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm like you Moxy, absolutely no idea what I want to be when I grow up So I am starting a BA next semester. I did a single subject in Information studies last sem - and realised that librarianship, or any of those type jobs wasn't for me. I decided that I may as well just do something I am really interested in, even if it won't get me an actual career, it is still a pathway anyway - and I've made it this far without any formal education - so things can only get better.

I am still so unsure about what I want to do that I don't even know what I want to major in, so I just put down sociology because that type of thing interests me - I may change it though. I will just see how I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha, answered your question before I saw this post- looks like we are doing the same thing for the same reason! I was tossing up between, Soc, Politics & History!

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I briefly looked at getting a Cert 3 & 4 as an education assistant because I'm keen on looking at being a teacher's aide when I look for work in 5 years or so. Until I realised that job doesn't require a qualification so I'd be doing it with no real reason. Child care itself isn't really my bag.

I've decided to do something radical and outrageous and study something I'm interested in, not for the purpose of getting a qualification or to get me a job, but just for fun. So I've enrolled in one unit through OUA and if it goes well (ie I can handle being "back at uni") then I'll look at getting another arts degree, but this time in something I'm interested in (major in sociology and incorporating subjects in religion and history). I'm excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm currently in my first year of a Social Science degree, majoring in psychology and sociology, with a minor in criminology. My electives I'm using to focus on Indigenous Australian history and culture.

Once I have completed my second year, I'll apply for the 2 year end on Social Work degree.

Alternatively, I'll do all three years of my SocSc degree and graduate, then apply to do a Master of Social Work. Haven't decided which way to go yet.

My aim is to work with DHHS as a child protection case worker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    I'm currently in my first year of a Social Science degree, majoring in psychology and sociology, with a minor in criminology. My electives I'm using to focus on Indigenous Australian history and culture.

Once I have completed my second year, I'll apply for the 2 year end on Social Work degree.

Alternatively, I'll do all three years of my SocSc degree and graduate, then apply to do a Master of Social Work. Haven't decided which way to go yet.

My aim is to work with DHHS as a child protection case worker.
    I take my hat off to you. I would love to have the mental fortitude to do this but I'd be a mess. Good luck with your studies.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Haha, answered your question before I saw this post- looks like we are doing the same thing for the same reason! I was tossing up between, Soc, Politics & History!
    I'm now considering a major in literature. Getting a degree for reading books is rather appealing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That sounds good, I love reading. The reading load would be insane though and I am lucky if I manage 5 mins a night before crashing out fast asleep! Very dodgy of me, but I need this course to be as easy as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I'm now considering a major in literature. Getting a degree for reading books is rather appealing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha beebs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to marianaluky For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im doing my bachelor in accounting. Just finished my prep units and about to start my first 2 units towards my degree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am just saying hello to all those studying online. I am currently a mother of two girls aged 4 and 6 and will be studying some online units this summer to spee dup my degree.

I am in my final year of an Arts degree and my major is politics. I am very new at this site and am hoping to meet other parents out there that juggle parenting, study and work etc.

Dee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by diidii View Post
    Hi,

I am just saying hello to all those studying online. I am currently a mother of two girls aged 4 and 6 and will be studying some online units this summer to spee dup my degree.

I am in my final year of an Arts degree and my major is politics. I am very new at this site and am hoping to meet other parents out there that juggle parenting, study and work etc.

Dee
    Hi Dee,

I have 2 little girls aged 5 and 7, and welcome!

Hope you find these forums helpful.
    Mariana

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app