+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Party invites where u pay

I think it depends in your back ground a bit too regarding what's normal or not. I would always assume I had to pay my own way and then would be pleasantly surprised when my meal was paid for.

I find it more normal for my European friends to pay, and for the Aussies to expect for you to pay your own way.

Nothing wrong with either IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's rude when people assume others should pay for them to attend a celebration.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (26-08-2012),missjess86  (26-08-2012),MrsOhara  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Every time I go to a restaurant for someone's birthday, everyone pays for their own meal and my friends and I chip in so the birthday girl/boy doesn't pay.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Party invites where u pay

I agree it must be a background thing. Its just how i was brought up to pay for others if im hosting a party... At my house or out either way im throwing the celebration.

I just thought people should let u know how much u have to pay to attend . This isn't a order what u like thing its set.. Im not saying i will go order the seafood and expect her to pay.. Its set

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    My friend had her birthday at a restaurant every year for about 3years and not once did she say we had to pay, but we all kind of assumed that was the go. I guess its just kind of assumed that you pay for your own meal.
    Yeh I'm a bit the same. I had DHs birthday at the rockpool but I didn't tell anyone to pay everyone just assumed. Glad they didn't expect me to pay coz it's a very expensive restaurant! 😜

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah if it's just a birthday (formal invite or not) I would assume I have to pay for my way.

Weddings, formal Events or at their house I would assume I do not have to pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    I think if it was an official type invite, like a paper one in the mail, I would expect my meal would be included, but if it was maybe a text message invite then I would expect to pay for my own meal as I would assume its friends and family getting together to celebrate vs the person throwing a party kinda thing.
    Exactly what I think! I think it's ok to write on an official invite pay for own meal instead of presents or something, but with no heads up I would be a bit miffed!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (26-08-2012),MsImpatient  (26-08-2012),RainbowSky  (26-08-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    This isn't a order what u like thing its set.. Im not saying i will go order the seafood and expect her to pay.. Its set
    Ah that's a bit different then. If it's a set menu then yes she should have given you a price on the invitation (ie. $35 pp etc). just so that you know what you're up for in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just had DHs 40th at a restaurant, i wasnt sure how to word the invite so i said restaurant is Byo but please dont as i have ordered DHs fav wine and the meal will be a banquet.. ( it was at a local indian) i didnt want to say outright im paying.. Most people tried to give money to pay at the end but i just said no its fine, all sorted.
    If i wanted them to pay i would have said its byo and the banquet costs $40 per head..
    I would always assume i had to pay and decline the invite if i couldnt afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I'm invited to a restaurant I expect to pay...I thought everyone did this?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (26-08-2012)