+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Natural/AP Mums or Playgroup Perth SOR

Hi ladies!

I'm just wondering whether there are any natural/AP playgroups or meet ups or mums wanting meet ups in Perth south of the river, specifically the Rockingham area or surrounds??

I consider myself an "instictive parent" - I believe in attachment parenting but also believe in "tools not rules" and do what feels right for me... I feed my 12 month old homemade formula (BF for the first 6 months) and use a mixture of disposables and cloth, depending on how much poo I can handle at the time (she poos a lot!), she sleeps in her own room but I don't believe in leaving her to cry and rock her to sleep, I planned a homebirth and ended up with an epidural...

basically sometimes I just feel like I don't fit into either camp ya know? The main****** mums think I'm a hippy, the hippies would gasp in horror at my formula feeding, sometime plastic bum ways.

Anyway, that turned into a ramble :-P Just looking for some likeminded people I guess! I've only been over here since February this year (2012) - was in Melbourne before that and am from NZ originally.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Attachment parent in Rockingham area.

Hi I am an AP mum in Waikiki, I don't know anyone who parents their children the way I do and it can be pretty lonely. My friends and family think I am being a weirdo and "spoiling my baby with love" I am 23 and not really an outgoing sort of person but I would love to talk to someone with the same values and beliefs as me and my husband. Would love to just chat or organize a catch up somewhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tahlia! I hate that whole idea that love can spoil a child - so silly!! I'm lucky that I don't have people like that around me, that must be really frustrating! I'm not a super extrovert either but it's really nice to have other mums to chat to sometimes. Would definitely be lovely to catch up sometime :-) How old are your little ones? I also regularly meet up with a mum's group in the Rockingham area - it's not specifically an AP group but the mums are really friendly and welcoming and non judgemental. I think I can't PM you because you are a new member to the forum but I will post a message on your profile and you can email me or look me up on Facebook :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm in Rockingham, I have lived here since 1998 but last year I lived in Canberra. I had a really great playgroup there. I've come back and since had my second child, and I'm a bit disappoint in the local playgroup. The general attitude of a lot of the mothers makes me sad.
    I'm a mix of conventional and crunch: I use cloth on both children, breastfeed (well first till he was 22mo, I was way too sensitive while I was pregnant and regrettably had to wean him), eat a lot of home cooked foods and mostly paleo (son is gluten intolerant and I don't do well with dairy), baby wear, no CIO, no smacking, and I try to peaceful parent. However I also have the TV going currently (scandal!), we still eat junk food sometimes. And sometimes I lose my cool and yell, but I am trying to curb that.
    Anyway, it would be great to meet up with some like minded mamas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I forgot, bedsharing! Although son transitioned to a toddler bed right as daughter was born. Timing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annaham I can't send you a private message because you're a new member but I've left you a post on your profile :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sent you a reply on the facey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all, hope I'm not too late to join in the conversation!

I live in Calista and have been looking everywhere for some like minded people as I too tend to find that I am not crunchy enough for many groups and not main****** enough for others!

I have 3 children: DS1 (6), DS2 (3) and DD (1) who have all been parented with our mid-line-walkin'-mixed bag-gentle-instinctive-meeting their needs style 'o parenting!

Its comforting to know that there are more of us floating about out there, like TahliaAP, I find that not following main****** ideals can get pretty lonely.

I look forward to chatting with you all