+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cesarean Scar Thickness

Hi just wanting to know if anyone here knows anything about thickness of a csect scar. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and had an ultrasound to check my csect scar as I am getting pain there. They measured it at 1.4mm. Is this too thin? Will I have to have bub early?

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry cant answer your question but subbing because I'm starting to get some pain around the scar area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had a perforated uterus before my c section with DD, my ob made me have a c section at 36 weeks because she was worried about the scar from the perforation rupturing, DD was fine and because we knew I was given steroids. I don't know about the size of the scar but mine was in a thin area and she was really worried about it so I'm guessing they would let you know if it was something of concern also if going by my experience I would say you might have another csection a couple of weeks early.
    Last edited by ciaomamma; 25-08-2012 at 19:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Internal scaring of the uterus. Sorry I probably should have mentioned that

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry I figured that after re reading ur post! :-) so I edited
    Last edited by ciaomamma; 25-08-2012 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did they know you had a perferated uterus? Was it via ultrasound? I'm just impatient to find out what it means, as my Ob is away all next week and I only had the scan yesterday so don't have my offical report either.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a still birth and had to have an operation relating to that issue 3 weeks later, the surgeon told me there was a chance of that happening as the problem was is a really bad spot (entrance of the tube in a corner as I have a weird shapes uterus). Sorry lots of info there!
    Anyway he perforated and actually told us to wait 6 months before ttc anyway not 2 months later there i was at the ob's office!
    How long ago was your c section?
    Honestly if they were really worried they would have said so Right there and then because it's really a dangerous thing a ruptures uterus an they would not take chances on that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 2 csections the last was in Aug2010, I've been having issues with irritable uterus and spotting along with scar pain i mentioned. The ultrasound was a bit of an ordeal they had alot of trouble measuring it, and the sonographer had to call a dr in to double check everything and said as he left that it would take him a while to do the report, which i know my Ob hasn't seen and probably won't for like a week. So i feel a bit in limbo land as to what it means.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would say considering a dr saw you and didn't advise anything super urgent I think you're good at least till you see your ob, I would think you'll need to have an early pre planned c section but that's what I had and both bub and myself are good. The problem is when we go in labour and the uterus contract hence rupturing the scar tissue, the risk of a rupture from growth is not great so I wouldn't worry about that. I was huge even at 36 weeks and that wasn't the problem.