+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ovulation and HCG after miscarriage.

I had a miscarriage last weekend (7 weeks) and stopped bleeding yesterday. I'm just wondering if I can still ovulate if I have any HCG left in my body. I had a blood test on Thursday and will ring the Dr this morning to get my HCG level. Just not sure if you have to have 0 HCG in you before your body will ovulate. We're keen to start trying to conceive again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Usually you need to be at zero, although I have heard of women ovulating at 5. But overall, your count needs to be minimal or zero.

Thanks
    Reviews

Keep your chin up. I conceived my DD about 2-3 weeks after a MC so obviously ovulated very fast. I know from this forum many women have had the same thing happen. We just DTD pretty much every day for the month as I didn't know when I was going to ovulate.

Good luck, I'm sure it will happen fast for you too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two m/c were a it different to each other.

First. b/o at 7 weeks with natural m/c just under week after us, tested with blood test a week later and it was down to 6 (so almost in that negative range) o'd few days later and got AF two weeks after that. So m/c - 1 week - bloods virtually negative, o'd when negative, AF 2 weeks later.

This time, hcg was down to negative range the day after bleeding started but didn't o until a week later as got AF 3 weeks after bleeding/hcg negative. So m/c + bloods = neg, 1 week or so until o'd, then AF 2 weeks later.

Thanks
    Reviews

So if I have any HCG left, will that give a false positive on an Ovulation Predictor Test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It depends. I was still getting a pos on an OPK at about 100 with my last loss, but apparently they are less sensitive at picking up HcG then a pg test. I would stay away from them until you are zero, as it's hard to tel if the 2nd line is for LH or HcG. I would get a pg test...

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Delirium. I did an Ovulation Predictor Test this morning and got a faint Test line. It's Day 8 today. The month I got pregnant, I ovulated on Day 10, so I'm assuming it could be early again this month. Just waiting for the Dr's surgery to call me back with HCG level - hoping it's very low.

Thanks
    Reviews

Just got a call from the Dr's surgery. HCG on Thursday was 555, so still pretty high. Will have another blood test on Monday, but maybe I won't ovulate this month after all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I was told that day 1 starts when hcg reaches 0 and ovulate 14 days later. But I guess there are variations sometimes. And also told that opk wont be accurate until hcg negative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Do you still have brown discharge?? My hcg didnt 0 till brown completly stopped. 12 days after losing sac.