+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    mystical mumma's Avatar
    mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    off with the fairies
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Child Support Questions

    I need some help for a family member about child support.
    Over the years he has paid out heaps- seems his ex wife just keeps on getting more out of him. Yet the kids don't see it- if they need a dress for a junior formal he pays for it, dental he pays for, pocket money he pays for, all on top of his support payments. Now this is what a good dad does- and it has left him selling his personal possessions to be able to do it.

    He is now on workers compensation- and will be receiving a large lump sum pay out.
    He has been divorced for some time (3 or so years - separated for many more)
    The mother of the children is re-married.

    The kids are 17 (full time employed, self supporting, not studying lives with mother)
    16- not at school, although we have been told is doing home schooling- we doubt it.
    and 15- just got kicked out of school.

    The mother has a very well paying job. Her new partner is a low life *********. has employment from time to time.

    Due to the mind games of the mother, the kids rarely see their father, although he tries. And they do day visits etc but being teens they arent really into sleep overs at dads so their mother is seen as having 100% custody.

    So my questions are- is the mother entitled to any of his workers comp payouts?
    Should he still be paying support for the one that is working?
    What age do payments stop?

    Any links, info and help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Payments end at a terminating event which is 18yo or fulltime employment.
    He shouldn't be paying for working one.

    I am unsure about the workers comp issue, childsupport is based on his annual wage so I am guessing that workers comp wouldn't be included in that.

    As for all the extra's he pays for then he should stop, childsupport is paid to cover those costs.

    Has he got a private agreement or a proper CSA agreement and collection set up.
    What he needs to do is apply for a change of assessment because the older one is working, make sure you add any details of her workplace aswell.

    He can go on the CSA website to get more info.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

    HugsBunny  (23-08-2012)


Similar Threads

  1. Child support
    By Bunny Lover in forum Step-parents / Blended families
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 18-11-2012, 15:31
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 16-05-2012, 15:56
  3. A few questions/Moral support!
    By MissWinter in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-01-2012, 18:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
FORUMS - chatting now ...
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›