ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ok thank you for everyones responses I wasn't sure if getting the police involved was talking it too far. If it does continue and/or get worse I will be going into the police station and getting more advice and doing something about this. I may not fight fire with fire but I'll be damned if I let someone continue treating us like this. DDs teacher and the princible, guidance counsillor are aware and they are appalled but there hands are tiied they cant do anything unless it is in the school grounds and directed at DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default School Mum Bullys

Also, if you can, try getting some of the other mums to witness it. Or if you can have a friend join you when picking your DD up a few times so she can be your witness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    yes please right now I just feel so helpless like she has the right to get away with treating us like this.
    ok pm'd you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would;
    1. Speak to the school about this again - schools can put an order in place for bullying like this - even if she is not doing it on school grounds, she has already, they can give her a warning that if she does this again she will be legally banned from school grounds.
    2. See the police today - it's not you that's taking it too far - it is her behaviour.
    3. Let the school know you have spoken to the police.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default School Mum Bullys

I'd go to the police & get them to have a chat to her about her behavior. U can get them to do this without making a formal complaint. It might be enough to get her to stop & let her know ur serious. Good luck..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I cant believe this is ADULT behaviour Ridiculous! What a great role models these women have become for their children!

Good luck OP. Im still wondering how on earth grown women and mothers can act like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I've had alot of trouble this year with a school mum she really dislikes (read is jelouse of) my daugter and I that she has no shame in bullying us. On Friday we had a massive arguement where she said very mean things about my daughter to me right in front of her with no shame or regret to a 5yr olds feelings. Th school has talked to her about this so now she has resorted to doing it outside of school. She is nasty to me even when I have my daughter with me and is scares dd. This 'lady' has also turned another lady who I don't even know and doesn't even know me against me. So now it is 2 'ladies' trying to intimidate and bully me and dd.

What should I do. The school can't do anything if its outside of school, even if its the footpath just outside the gate. I have gotten advice from the police but would honestly prefer not to go that far. So far I just ignore her but I can't put up with this forever one day I will snap.

Does anyone else have to deal with school mum bullys?
    I know you don't want to but honestly... I'd at least talk to the police about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This may be an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't go to the police with this just yet. They can barely do anything and it's only going to make her more of a psycho. If they could do something great then yeah it would be worth it, but they can't do a lot.

I would contact the school and ask for someone to mediate. To have a meeting inside while the children play on the playground after school and have a teacher or principal sit there and say enough is enough. That way you have an opportunity to say to her "I know you don't like us, that's not my concern, my concern is the way you show it. A 5 year old shouldn't be witness to this".

Then you can get the mediator to say "if you can't work this out, I'll have to involve police". That way it's not YOU calling police on her, which would be egging her on, I think.

Take some more steps before the cops, IMO. They're going to ask you if mediation has occurred, you're going to be in a stronger position if your answer is yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, how awful for you to have to deal with that

Make sure you keep a diary of everything that happens, so that if/when you go to the police you can give specific details - dates, times, what was said, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I'd go to the police & get them to have a chat to her about her behavior. U can get them to do this without making a formal complaint. It might be enough to get her to stop & let her know ur serious. Good luck..
    Quote Originally Posted by Leens View Post
    This may be an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't go to the police with this just yet. They can barely do anything and it's only going to make her more of a psycho. If they could do something great then yeah it would be worth it, but they can't do a lot.

I would contact the school and ask for someone to mediate. To have a meeting inside while the children play on the playground after school and have a teacher or principal sit there and say enough is enough. That way you have an opportunity to say to her "I know you don't like us, that's not my concern, my concern is the way you show it. A 5 year old shouldn't be witness to this".

Then you can get the mediator to say "if you can't work this out, I'll have to involve police". That way it's not YOU calling police on her, which would be egging her on, I think.

Take some more steps before the cops, IMO. They're going to ask you if mediation has occurred, you're going to be in a stronger position if your answer is yes.
    Thank you I feel comfortable with these suggestions.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (22-08-2012)